Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD82
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CD82 antibody
See all CD82 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD82
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rat, Cow
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CD82 aa 250 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab66400 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 30 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/80. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionAssociates with CD4 or CD8 and delivers costimulatory signals for the TCR/CD3 pathway.
Tissue specificityLymphoid specific.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family.
- Information by UniProt
- 4F9 antibody
- Antigen detected by monoclonal and antibody IA4 antibody
- C33 antibody
ab66400 (1:80) staining CD82 in paraffin-embedded human tonsil tissue (left panel) using an automated system (Ventana Discovery). Right hand panel shows negative control (no primary antibody).
Using this protocol there is strong membrane staining of follicular dendritic cells, and the FDC network forming the structure of germinal centres is clearly highlighted by this antibody. There is associated weak staining of smaller cells in the interfollicar areas which may be T cells.
Sections were rehydrated and antigen retrieved in CC1 Cell Conditioning Buffer using Ventana Standard Retrieval programme. Slides were blocked in 3% H2O2 / 4 min / 37°C and incubated with ab66400 (1:80 dilution / 1 hour / 37°C). Sections then blocked (4mins / 37°C) and incubated with Dako swine anti-rabbit antibody (1:50, 28 min / 37°C). Staining was amplified and detected by incubation with Ventana Streptavidin ABC system (16 min / 37°
Anti-CD82 antibody (ab66400) at 1 µg/ml + Human brain tissue lysate - total protein (ab29466) at 10 µg
Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 30 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 2 minutes
CD82 contains a number of potential glycosylation sites (SwissProt) which may explain its migration at a higher molecular weight than predicted.
ab66400 (1/50) staining CD82 in paraffin-embedded Mouse salivary gland tissue. Tissue underwent fixation in formaldehyde, peroxidase blocking, protein blocking and heat mediated antigen retrieval. The secondary antibody was goat anti rabbit/mouse conjugated to HRP. For further experimental details please refer to abreview.
ab66400 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Zhang Q et al. Interaction of transforming growth factor-ß-Smads/microRNA-362-3p/CD82 mediated by M2 macrophages promotes the process of epithelial-mesenchymal transition in hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Cancer Sci 110:2507-2519 (2019). PubMed: 31215741
- Wu J et al. Increased expression of microRNA-503 and reduced expression of kangai-1 in B-cell non-Hodgkin's lymphoma. Exp Ther Med 11:917-922 (2016). PubMed: 26998012
- Termini CM et al. The membrane scaffold CD82 regulates cell adhesion by altering a4 integrin stability and molecular density. Mol Biol Cell 25:1560-73 (2014). PubMed: 24623721
- Zhu L et al. Label-free quantitative detection of tumor-derived exosomes through surface plasmon resonance imaging. Anal Chem 86:8857-64 (2014). PubMed: 25090139
- Spring FA et al. Tetraspanins CD81 and CD82 facilitate a4ß1-mediated adhesion of human erythroblasts to vascular cell adhesion molecule-1. PLoS One 8:e62654 (2013). PubMed: 23704882
- Zhang Q et al. Expression of CD82 in human trophoblast and its role in trophoblast invasion. PLoS One 7:e38487 (2012). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22679510