Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CD9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CD9 antibody
See all CD9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CD9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: African green monkey
- WB: Mouse lung and kidney tissue lysates. HeLa, A549, HepG2, PC-3, U-87 MG and MCF7 whole cell lysates. IHC-P: Human placenta, breast cancer and colon cancer tissue.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notes>95% pure
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab223052 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 26 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 25 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/500.|
FunctionInvolved in platelet activation and aggregation. Regulates paranodal junction formation. Involved in cell adhesion, cell motility and tumor metastasis. Required for sperm-egg fusion.
Tissue specificityExpressed by a variety of hematopoietic and epithelial cells.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the tetraspanin (TM4SF) family.
modificationsProtein exists in three forms with molecular masses between 22 and 27 kDa, and is known to carry covalently linked fatty acids.
- Information by UniProt
- Tetraspanin 29 antibody
- 5H9 antibody
- 5H9 antigen antibody
All lanes : Anti-CD9 antibody (ab223052) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : A549 (Human lung carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human liver hepatocellular carcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : PC-3 (Human prostate adenocarcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 5 : U-87 MG (Human glioblastoma-astrocytoma epithelial cell line) whole cell lysate
Lane 6 : MCF7 (Human breast adenocarcinoma cell line) whole cell lysate
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Immunohistochemistry of paraffin-embedded human breast cancer using ab223052 at dilution of 1:200.
All lanes : Anti-CD9 antibody (ab223052) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : Mouse lung lysate
Lane 2 : Mouse kidney lysate
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG at 1/50000 dilution
Predicted band size: 25 kDa
Observed band size: 26 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Paraffin embedded sections of human placenta tissue were stained for CD9 with ab223052 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
Paraffin embedded sections of human colon cancer tissue were stained for CD9 with ab223052 at 1/100 dilution in immunohistochemical analysis.
ab223052 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Gao G et al. Glutaminase 1 Regulates Neuroinflammation After Cerebral Ischemia Through Enhancing Microglial Activation and Pro-Inflammatory Exosome Release. Front Immunol 11:161 (2020). PubMed: 32117296
- Liu R et al. DDP-resistant ovarian cancer cells-derived exosomal microRNA-30a-5p reduces the resistance of ovarian cancer cells to DDP. Open Biol 10:190173 (2020). PubMed: 32343928
- Wang C et al. BMSCs protect against renal ischemia-reperfusion injury by secreting exosomes loaded with miR-199a-5p that target BIP to inhibit endoplasmic reticulum stress at the very early reperfusion stages. FASEB J 33:5440-5456 (2019). PubMed: 30640521
- Gao K et al. Exosomes Derived From Septic Mouse Serum Modulate Immune Responses via Exosome-Associated Cytokines. Front Immunol 10:1560 (2019). PubMed: 31354717
- Zhu G et al. Exosomes from human-bone-marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells protect against renal ischemia/reperfusion injury via transferring miR-199a-3p. J Cell Physiol 234:23736-23749 (2019). PubMed: 31180587
- Jingyue S et al. TFAP2E methylation promotes 5-fluorouracil resistance via exosomal miR-106a-5p and miR-421 in gastric cancer MGC-803 cells. Mol Med Rep 20:323-331 (2019). PubMed: 31115533
- Yuan L et al. Exosomes Derived From MicroRNA-148b-3p-Overexpressing Human Umbilical Cord Mesenchymal Stem Cells Restrain Breast Cancer Progression. Front Oncol 9:1076 (2019). PubMed: 31696054
- Bian EB et al. Exosomal lncRNA-ATB activates astrocytes that promote glioma cell invasion. Int J Oncol 54:713-721 (2019). PubMed: 30483768