Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [G7] to CD90 / Thy1 (PE)
- Suitable for: Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, Cellular Activation
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Conjugation: PE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
- Isotype: IgG2c
Product nameAnti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [G7] (PE)
See all CD90 / Thy1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [G7] to CD90 / Thy1 (PE)
ConjugationPE. Ex: 488nm, Em: 575nm
Specificityab24904 is specific for Thy 1.1 and Thy 1.2 alloantigens (Thy 1 epitope region A).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Functional Studies, Flow Cyt, IHC-Fr, Cellular Activationmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
The details of the immunogen for this antibody are not available.
EpitopeThy 1 epitope region A
ab24904 stimulates T-cell proliferation and IL2 secretion, via signalling through the T-cell receptor/CD3 complex. ab24904 has also been reported to promote apoptosis of thymocytes and CTL clones and to mediate adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 16% Sucrose
Concentration information loading...
Primary antibody notesab24904 stimulates T-cell proliferation and IL2 secretion, via signalling through the T-cell receptor/CD3 complex. ab24904 has also been reported to promote apoptosis of thymocytes and CTL clones and to mediate adhesion of thymocytes to thymic stroma.
Light chain typekappa
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab24904 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Functional Studies||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
Induction of apoptosis.
|Flow Cyt||Use 2µg for 106 cells.
ab154450 - Rat monoclonal IgG2c, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-Fr||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|Cellular Activation||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionMay play a role in cell-cell or cell-ligand interactions during synaptogenesis and other events in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD7 antibody
- CD90 antibody
- CD90 antigen antibody
ab24904 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Tingling JD et al. CD24 expression identifies teratogen-sensitive fetal neural stem cell subpopulations: evidence from developmental ethanol exposure and orthotopic cell transfer models. PLoS One 8:e69560 (2013). Flow Cyt ; Mouse . PubMed: 23894503
- Hueber AO et al. Thy-1 triggers mouse thymocyte apoptosis through a bcl-2-resistant mechanism. J Exp Med 179:785-96 (1994). PubMed: 7906706
- Ucker DS et al. Activation-driven T cell death. II. Quantitative differences alone distinguish stimuli triggering nontransformed T cell proliferation or death. J Immunol 149:1583-92 (1992). PubMed: 1380534
- He HT et al. Thy-1 supports adhesion of mouse thymocytes to thymic epithelial cells through a Ca2(+)-independent mechanism. J Exp Med 173:515-8 (1991). PubMed: 1671083
- Tentori L et al. Proliferation and production of IL-2 and B cell stimulatory factor 1/IL-4 in early fetal thymocytes by activation through Thy-1 and CD3. J Immunol 140:1089-94 (1988). PubMed: 2893823
- Gunter KC et al. T cell-activating properties of an anti-Thy-1 monoclonal antibody. Possible analogy to OKT3/Leu-4. J Exp Med 159:716-30 (1984). PubMed: 6142077