Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [MRC OX-7] to CD90 / Thy1 (FITC)
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig
- Conjugation: FITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [MRC OX-7] (FITC)
See all CD90 / Thy1 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [MRC OX-7] to CD90 / Thy1 (FITC)
ConjugationFITC. Ex: 493nm, Em: 528nm
SpecificityRecognises the Thy-1.1 antigenic determinant which is a monomorphic determinant within rat strains but polymorphic in mice. Thus MRC OX-7 reacts with Thy-1.1 mice eg. AKR strain, but not Thy-1.2 mice eg. CBA, BALB/c.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: Flow Cyt, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Guinea pig
corresponding to CD90/ Thy1.
- Flow Cyt: PC12 cells. ICC/IF: PC12 cells
The affinity of the Fab' of MRC OX-7 for rat Thy-1 is 3 x 109m-1 and for mouse Thy-1.1 is 3 x 108m-1.
Conjugated to Fluorescein Isothiocyanite Isomer 1 (FITC). FITC : Protein (molar ratio): 5.0 : 1.0.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle. Store In the Dark.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 30% Glycerol, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Purification notesPurified IgG prepared by affinity chromatography on Protein A from tissue culture supernatant
Clone numberMRC OX-7
Light chain typeunknown
- Anti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [MRC OX-7] (HRP) (ab199219)
- Anti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [MRC OX-7] (PerCP) (ab216354)
- Anti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [MRC OX-7] - BSA and Azide free (ab222781)
- Anti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [MRC OX-7] - Hematopoietic Stem Cell Marker (ab225)
- Anti-CD90 / Thy1 antibody [MRC OX-7] (PE) (ab33694)
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab226 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
ab91356 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
This product gave a positive signal in PC12 cells fixed with 100% methanol (5 min)
FunctionMay play a role in cell-cell or cell-ligand interactions during synaptogenesis and other events in the brain.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 Ig-like V-type (immunoglobulin-like) domain.
Cellular localizationCell membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- CD7 antibody
- CD90 antibody
- CD90 antigen antibody
ab226 staining CD90 / Thy1 in PC12 cells. The cells were fixed with 100% methanol (5 min), permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100 for 5 minutes and then blocked with 1% BSA/10% normal goat serum/0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h. The cells were then incubated overnight at +4°C with ab226 at 1/100 dilution (shown in green) and ab195889, Mouse monoclonal to alpha Tubulin (Alexa Fluor® 594), at 1/250 dilution (shown in red). Nuclear DNA was labelled with DAPI (shown in blue).
Image was taken with a confocal microscope (Leica-Microsystems, TCS SP8).
Overlay histogram showing PC12 cells stained with ab226 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Triton X-100 for 15 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab226, 1/500 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C.
Isotype control antibody (black line) was Mouse IgG1 (monoclonal) FITC (ab18435) used at the same concentration and conditions as the primary antibody. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control.
Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 50 mW Blue laser (488nm) and 530/30 bandpass filter.
ab226 has been referenced in 15 publications.
- Tarafder S et al. Engineered Healing of Avascular Meniscus Tears by Stem Cell Recruitment. Sci Rep 8:8150 (2018). PubMed: 29802356
- Pak S et al. Endoscopic Transplantation of Mesenchymal Stem Cell Sheets in Experimental Colitis in Rats. Sci Rep 8:11314 (2018). PubMed: 30054522
- Li J et al. Carbon monoxide releasing molecule-3 promotes the osteogenic differentiation of rat bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells by releasing carbon monoxide. Int J Mol Med 41:2297-2305 (2018). PubMed: 29393384
- Sun AJ et al. Comparison of mouse brown and white adipose-derived stem cell differentiation into pacemaker-like cells induced by TBX18 transduction. Mol Med Rep 17:7055-7064 (2018). PubMed: 29568953
- Orsi PR et al. A unique heterologous fibrin sealant (HFS) as a candidate biological scaffold for mesenchymal stem cells in osteoporotic rats. Stem Cell Res Ther 8:205 (2017). Flow Cyt ; Rat . PubMed: 28962655