Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cdc20
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cdc20 antibody
See all Cdc20 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdc20
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Pig
- This antibody gave a positive result in the following whole cell lysates: Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) THP1 (Human acute monocytic leukemia cell line) HEK 293 (Human embryonic kidney cell line) HL60 (Human promyelocytic leukemia cell line)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26483 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 60 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml.|
FunctionRequired for full ubiquitin ligase activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) and may confer substrate specificity upon the complex. Is regulated by MAD2L1. In metaphase the MAD2L1-CDC20-APC/C ternary complex is inactive and in anaphase the CDC20-APC/C binary complex is active in degrading substrates.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat CDC20/Fizzy family.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
Developmental stageSynthesis is initiated at G1/S, protein level peaks in M phase and protein is abruptly degraded at M/G1 transition.
modificationsPhosphorylated during mitosis, probably by maturation promoting factor (MPF). Phosphorylated by BUB1 at Ser-41; Ser-72; Ser-92; Ser-153; Thr-157 and Ser-161.
Ubiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome during spindle assembly checkpoint. Deubiquitinated by USP44, leading to stabilize the MAD2L1-CDC20-APC/C ternary complex, thereby preventing premature activation of the APC/C.
- Information by UniProt
- bA276H19.3 antibody
- Cdc 20 antibody
- CDC20 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cdc20 antibody (ab26483) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Raji (Human Burkitt's lymphoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate (ab7908)
Lane 2 :
THP1 whole cell lysate (ab7913)
Lane 3 :
HEK293 whole cell lysate (ab7902)
Lane 4 :
HL60 whole cell lysate (ab7914)
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/15000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
ab26483 consistently detects a band at 55-60 kDa but we also see bands of ~35 and 70 kDa that appear with varying intensity in some of our extracts. We cannot find an explanation for this and are unsure of the nature of these crossreacting bands.
ICC/IF image of ab26483 stained human HEK 293 cells. The cells were PFA fixed (10 min), permabilised in PBS-T (20 min) and incubated with the antibody (ab26483, 1µg/ml) for 1h at room temperature. 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine was used to quench autofluorescence and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The secondary antibody (green) was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/1000 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red). DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue).
ab26483 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Huo X et al. Identification of prognosis markers for endometrial cancer by integrated analysis of DNA methylation and RNA-Seq data. Sci Rep 9:9924 (2019). PubMed: 31289358
- Li J et al. M2I-1 disrupts the in vivo interaction between CDC20 and MAD2 and increases the sensitivities of cancer cell lines to anti-mitotic drugs via MCL-1s. Cell Div 14:5 (2019). PubMed: 31249607
- Li J et al. The kinetochore-dependent and -independent formation of the CDC20-MAD2 complex and its functions in HeLa cells. Sci Rep 7:41072 (2017). PubMed: 28112196
- Foss KM et al. Mitotic phosphatase activity is required for MCC maintenance during the spindle checkpoint. Cell Cycle 15:225-33 (2016). PubMed: 26652909
- Marthandan S et al. Conserved Senescence Associated Genes and Pathways in Primary Human Fibroblasts Detected by RNA-Seq. PLoS One 11:e0154531 (2016). WB . PubMed: 27140416