Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cdc20
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64877 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 55 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa).|
FunctionRequired for full ubiquitin ligase activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) and may confer substrate specificity upon the complex. Is regulated by MAD2L1. In metaphase the MAD2L1-CDC20-APC/C ternary complex is inactive and in anaphase the CDC20-APC/C binary complex is active in degrading substrates.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat CDC20/Fizzy family.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
Developmental stageSynthesis is initiated at G1/S, protein level peaks in M phase and protein is abruptly degraded at M/G1 transition.
modificationsPhosphorylated during mitosis, probably by maturation promoting factor (MPF). Phosphorylated by BUB1 at Ser-41; Ser-72; Ser-92; Ser-153; Thr-157 and Ser-161.
Ubiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome during spindle assembly checkpoint. Deubiquitinated by USP44, leading to stabilize the MAD2L1-CDC20-APC/C ternary complex, thereby preventing premature activation of the APC/C.
- Information by UniProt
- bA276H19.3 antibody
- Cdc 20 antibody
- CDC20 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cdc20 antibody (ab64877) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : extract from HeLa cells, (5-30µg total protein).
Lane 2 : extract from Jurkat cells, (5-30µg total protein).
Lane 3 : extract from Jurkat cells, (5-30µg total protein) and 5-10µg of the immunising peptide.
Predicted band size: 55 kDa
Observed band size: 55 kDa
Additional bands at: 26 kDa, 34 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab64877 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Park YY et al. ATP depletion during mitotic arrest induces mitotic slippage and APC/CCdh1-dependent cyclin B1 degradation. Exp Mol Med 50:46 (2018). PubMed: 29700288
- Tan CL et al. Stranglehold on the spindle assembly checkpoint: the human papillomavirus E2 protein provokes BUBR1-dependent aneuploidy. Cell Cycle 14:1459-70 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25789401
- Adhikari D et al. Mastl is required for timely activation of APC/C in meiosis I and Cdk1 reactivation in meiosis II. J Cell Biol 206:843-53 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 25246615
- Uzunova K et al. APC15 mediates CDC20 autoubiquitylation by APC/C(MCC) and disassembly of the mitotic checkpoint complex. Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:1116-23 (2012). WB ; Human . PubMed: 23007861
- Davoli T et al. Persistent telomere damage induces bypass of mitosis and tetraploidy. Cell 141:81-93 (2010). PubMed: 20371347