Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [BA8] to Cdc20
- Suitable for: Flow Cyt, ELISA, WB
- Reacts with: Human, Xenopus laevis
- Isotype: IgG2a
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A/G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab18217 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170191 - Mouse monoclonal IgG2a, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ELISA||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Predicted molecular weight: 55 kDa.|
FunctionRequired for full ubiquitin ligase activity of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) and may confer substrate specificity upon the complex. Is regulated by MAD2L1. In metaphase the MAD2L1-CDC20-APC/C ternary complex is inactive and in anaphase the CDC20-APC/C binary complex is active in degrading substrates.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the WD repeat CDC20/Fizzy family.
Contains 7 WD repeats.
Developmental stageSynthesis is initiated at G1/S, protein level peaks in M phase and protein is abruptly degraded at M/G1 transition.
modificationsPhosphorylated during mitosis, probably by maturation promoting factor (MPF). Phosphorylated by BUB1 at Ser-41; Ser-72; Ser-92; Ser-153; Thr-157 and Ser-161.
Ubiquitinated and degraded by the proteasome during spindle assembly checkpoint. Deubiquitinated by USP44, leading to stabilize the MAD2L1-CDC20-APC/C ternary complex, thereby preventing premature activation of the APC/C.
- Information by UniProt
- bA276H19.3 antibody
- Cdc 20 antibody
- CDC20 antibody
Overlay histogram showing LoVo cells stained with ab18217 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab18217, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG2a [ICIGG2A] (ab91361, 1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab18217 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Heim A et al. Calcineurin promotes APC/C activation at meiotic exit by acting on both XErp1 and Cdc20. EMBO Rep 19:N/A (2018). PubMed: 30373936
- Qiao R et al. Mechanism of APC/CCDC20 activation by mitotic phosphorylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:E2570-8 (2016). PubMed: 27114510
- Eytan E et al. Roles of different pools of the mitotic checkpoint complex and the mechanisms of their disassembly. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:10568-73 (2013). PubMed: 23754430
- Ohe M et al. Emi2 inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome absolutely requires Emi2 binding via the C-terminal RL tail. Mol Biol Cell 21:905-13 (2010). WB ; Human, Xenopus laevis . PubMed: 20089832