Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cdc23
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cdc23 antibody
See all Cdc23 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdc23
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide within Human Cdc23 aa 125-175. The exact sequence is proprietary. (GeneID 8697)
Database link: NP_004652.2
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAntibody was affinity purified using an epitope specific to CDC23 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72206 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Predicted molecular weight: 68 kDa.|
FunctionComponent of the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C), a cell cycle-regulated E3 ubiquitin ligase that controls progression through mitosis and the G1 phase of the cell cycle. The APC/C complex acts by mediating ubiquitination and subsequent degradation of target proteins: it mainly mediates the formation of 'Lys-11'-linked polyubiquitin chains and, to a lower extent, the formation of 'Lys-48'- and 'Lys-63'-linked polyubiquitin chains.
PathwayProtein modification; protein ubiquitination.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the APC8/CDC23 family.
Contains 9 TPR repeats.
modificationsPhosphorylated. Phosphorylation on Thr-562 occurs specifically during mitosis.
- Information by UniProt
- ANAPC8 antibody
- Anaphase promoting complex subunit 8 antibody
- Anaphase-promoting complex subunit 8 antibody
ab72206 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Sako K et al. Emi2 mediates meiotic MII arrest by competitively inhibiting the binding of Ube2S to the APC/C. Nat Commun 5:3667 (2014). Xenopus laevis . PubMed: 24770399
- Ohe M et al. Emi2 inhibition of the anaphase-promoting complex/cyclosome absolutely requires Emi2 binding via the C-terminal RL tail. Mol Biol Cell 21:905-13 (2010). Human, Xenopus laevis . PubMed: 20089832