Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cdc25A (phospho S76)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cdc25A (phospho S76) antibody
See all Cdc25A primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdc25A (phospho S76)
Specificityab75743 detects endogenous levels of Cdc25A only when phosphorylated at serine 76.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human Cdc25A around the phosphorylation site of serine 76 (M-G-SP-S-E).
- Human breast carcinoma tissue; extracts from A2780 cells untreated or treated with UV.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Without Mg2+ and Ca2+
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab75743 was affinity purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity chromatography using epitope specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75743 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 59 kDa.|
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionTyrosine protein phosphatase which functions as a dosage-dependent inducer of mitotic progression. Directly dephosphorylates CDK1 and stimulates its kinase activity. Also dephosphorylates CDK2 in complex with cyclin E, in vitro.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the MPI phosphatase family.
Contains 1 rhodanese domain.
DomainThe phosphodegron motif mediates interaction with specific F-box proteins when phosphorylated. Putative phosphorylation sites at Ser-79 and Ser-82 appear to be essential for this interaction.
modificationsPhosphorylated by CHEK1 on Ser-76, Ser-124, Ser-178, Ser-279, Ser-293 and Thr-507 during checkpoint mediated cell cycle arrest. Also phosphorylated by CHEK2 on Ser-124, Ser-279, and Ser-293 during checkpoint mediated cell cycle arrest. Phosphorylation on Ser-178 and Thr-507 creates binding sites for YWHAE/14-3-3 epsilon which inhibits CDC25A. Phosphorylation on Ser-76, Ser-124, Ser-178, Ser-279 and Ser-293 may also promote ubiquitin-dependent proteolysis of CDC25A by the SCF complex. Phosphorylation of CDC25A at Ser-76 by CHEK1 primes it for subsequent phosphorylation at Ser-79, Ser-82 and Ser-88 by NEK11. Phosphorylation by NEK11 is required for BTRC-mediated polyubiquitination and degradation. Phosphorylation by PIM1 leads to an increase in phosphatase activity. Phosphorylated by PLK3 following DNA damage, leading to promote its ubiquitination and degradation.
Ubiquitinated by the anaphase promoting complex/cyclosome (APC/C) ubiquitin ligase complex that contains FZR1/CDH1 during G1 phase leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Ubiquitinated by a SCF complex containing BTRC and FBXW11 during S phase leading to its degradation by the proteasome. Deubiquitination by USP17L2/DUB3 leads to its stabilization.
- Information by UniProt
- Cdc 25a antibody
- CDC25A antibody
- CDC25A2 antibody
ab75743, at a 1/50 dilution, staining Cdc25A in paraffin embedded human breast carcinoma tissue by Immunohistochemistry, in the absence (left image) or presence (right image) of the immunizing phospho peptide.
All lanes : Anti-Cdc25A (phospho S76) antibody (ab75743) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : A2780 cell extracts, untreated
Lane 2 : A2780 cell extracts, treated with UV
Predicted band size: 59 kDa
Observed band size: 59 kDa
Additional bands at: 30 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab75743 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Ye C et al. High glucose induces the proliferation of prostatic cells via downregulating MRE11. Int J Mol Med 41:3105-3114 (2018). PubMed: 29532862
- Zhang H & Hu N Telomerase reverse transcriptase induced thyroid carcinoma cell proliferation through PTEN/AKT signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 18:1345-1352 (2018). PubMed: 29901196
- Shen T et al. Ciclopirox inhibits cancer cell proliferation by suppression of Cdc25A. Genes Cancer 8:505-516 (2017). PubMed: 28680535
- Lu X et al. Identification of key genes in hepatocellular carcinoma and validation of the candidate gene, cdc25a, using gene set enrichment analysis, meta-analysis and cross-species comparison. Mol Med Rep 13:1172-8 (2016). WB . PubMed: 26647881
- Kasahara K et al. 14-3-3gamma mediates Cdc25A proteolysis to block premature mitotic entry after DNA damage. EMBO J 29:2802-12 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20639859