Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [FBOX 3a9/1] to Cdc4 / Fbw7 / hSel 10
- Suitable for: WB, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG1
Product nameAnti-Cdc4 / Fbw7 / hSel 10 antibody [FBOX 3a9/1]
See all Cdc4 / Fbw7 / hSel 10 primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [FBOX 3a9/1] to Cdc4 / Fbw7 / hSel 10
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, Flow Cytmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Cdc4/ Fbw7/ hSel 10.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferConstituent: PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Clone numberFBOX 3a9/1
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab74054 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 45 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 80 kDa).|
|Flow Cyt||Use 1µg for 106 cells.
ab170190 - Mouse monoclonal IgG1, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
RelevanceFbw7 is a member of the F box protein family which are characterized by an approximately 40 amino acid motif, the F box. The F box proteins constitute one of the four subunits of ubiquitin protein ligase complex called SCFs (SKP1-cullin-F box), which function in phosphorylation-dependent ubiquitination. The F box proteins are divided into 3 classes: Fbws containing WD40 domains, Fbls containing leucine rich repeats, and Fbxs containing either different protein-protein interaction modules or no recognizable motifs. Fbw7 belongs to the Fbws class; in addition to an F box, this protein contains 7 tandem WD40 repeats. It binds directly to cyclin E and probably targets cyclin E for ubiquitin mediated degradation. Mutations of this gene are detected in ovarian and breast cancer cell lines. Alternative splicing of this gene generates 2 transcript variants diverging at the 5' termini.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
- AGO antibody
- Archipelago Drosophila homolog of antibody
- Archipelago homolog antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cdc4 / Fbw7 / hSel 10 antibody [FBOX 3a9/1] (ab74054) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : HepG2 (Human hepatocellular liver carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 4 : SHSY-5Y (Human neuroblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal Secondary Antibody to Mouse IgG - H&L (HRP), pre-adsorbed at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 80 kDa
Observed band size: 45 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Exposure time: 16 minutes
The 45 kDa band observed is comparable to the molecular weight seen with other commercially available antibodies to Cdc4 / Fbw7 / hSel 10.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab74054 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab74054, 1µg/1x106 cells) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) (ab96879) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was mouse IgG1 [ICIGG1] (ab91353, 2µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed.
ab74054 has been referenced in 11 publications.
- Chen X et al. Circular RNA circFBXW4 suppresses hepatic fibrosis via targeting the miR-18b-3p/FBXW7 axis. Theranostics 10:4851-4870 (2020). PubMed: 32308754
- Chen Y et al. Promotional effect of microRNA-194 on breast cancer cells via targeting F-box/WD repeat-containing protein 7. Oncol Lett 15:4439-4444 (2018). WB ; Human . PubMed: 29541212
- Priyadarshini R et al. BLM Potentiates c-Jun Degradation and Alters Its Function as an Oncogenic Transcription Factor. Cell Rep 24:947-961.e7 (2018). PubMed: 30044990
- Ma Y et al. KLF5 promotes the tumorigenesis and metastatic potential of thyroid cancer cells through the NF-?B signaling pathway. Oncol Rep 40:2608-2618 (2018). PubMed: 30226614
- Matkar S et al. Kinase inhibitors of HER2/AKT pathway induce ERK phosphorylation via a FOXO-dependent feedback loop. Am J Cancer Res 7:1476-1485 (2017). WB ; Human . PubMed: 28744398