Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CDK1 (phospho T161)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CDK1 (phospho T161) antibody
See all CDK1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CDK1 (phospho T161)
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthesized phosphopeptide derived from human CDC2 around the phosphorylation site of Threonine161 (V-Y-TP-H-E).
- WB: COLO, K362 cell extract. IHC-P: Human breast carcinoma tissue.
This antibody detects CDC2 only when phosphorylated at Threonine 161.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Primary antibody notesThis antibody detects CDC2 only when phosphorylated at Threonine 161.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab47329 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionPlays a key role in the control of the eukaryotic cell cycle. It is required in higher cells for entry into S-phase and mitosis. p34 is a component of the kinase complex that phosphorylates the repetitive C-terminus of RNA polymerase II.
Tissue specificityIsoform 2 is found in breast cancer tissues.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
FormCDK1 can be located to the Nucleus, cytoplasm and Mithocondria. It's cytoplasmic during interphase and reversibly translocated from cytoplasm to the nucleus when phosphorilated before G2-M transition when associated with cyclin-B1. Accumulates in mitochondria in G2-arrested cells upon DNA-damage.
- Cdc 2 antibody
- Cdc2 antibody
- CDC28A antibody
All lanes : Anti-CDK1 (phospho T161) antibody (ab47329) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : COLO cell extract preincubated with immunogenic phospho-peptide. with phosphopeptide at 1 µg/ml
Lane 2 : COLO cell extract, untreated.
Lane 3 : K362 cell extract
Lysates/proteins at 30 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: 34 kDa
ab47329 staining human breast carcinoma tissue by IHC-P (left hand panel). The right hand panel shows staining in the presence of synthesized phospho-peptide using Alkaline phosphatase Goat anti rabbit IgG (H+L) secondary antibody.
ab47329 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Roseweir AK et al. Phosphorylation of androgen receptors at serine 515 is a potential prognostic marker for triple negative breast cancer. Oncotarget 8:37172-37185 (2017). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 28415597
- Wang J et al. Prognostic significance of G2/M arrest signaling pathway proteins in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients. Oncol Lett 9:1266-1272 (2015). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 25663895
- Willder JM et al. Androgen receptor phosphorylation at serine 515 by Cdk1 predicts biochemical relapse in prostate cancer patients. Br J Cancer 108:139-48 (2013). IHC . PubMed: 23321516
- Shirazi Fard S et al. Heterogenic final cell cycle by chicken retinal Lim1 horizontal progenitor cells leads to heteroploid cells with a remaining replicated genome. PLoS One 8:e59133 (2013). IF . PubMed: 23527113