Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cdk2
- Suitable for: WB
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cdk2 antibody
See all CDK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdk2
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Cow, Dog, Chinese hamster, Syrian hamster
- This antibody gave a positive signal in the following Lysates: HeLa Whole Cell, Rat Thymus Tissue, HeLa Whole Cell - Bleomycin Treated (20U/ml), Jurkat Whole Cell, Y79 Whole Cell
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab64669 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 35 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35 kDa).|
FunctionInvolved in the control of the cell cycle. Interacts with cyclins A, B1, B3, D, or E. Activity of CDK2 is maximal during S phase and G2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Cdc2 related protein kinase antibody
- cdc2-related protein kinase antibody
- CDC28 antibody
Lanes 1, 3 and 5: Wild-type HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 2, 4 and 6: CDK2 knockout HAP1 cell lysate (20 µg)
Lanes 1 and 2: Green signal from target – ab64669 observed at 34 kDa
Lanes 3 and 4: Red signal from loading control – ab8226 observed at 42 kDa
Lanes 5 and 6: Merged (red and green) signal
ab64669 was shown to react with CDK2 when CDK2 knockout samples were used, along with additional cross-reactive bands. Wild-type and CDK2 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. ab64669 and ab8226 (loading control to beta actin) were diluted 1 µg/mL and 1/2000 respectively and incubated overnight at 4ºC. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preadsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preadsorbed ab216776
secondary antibodies at 1/10000 dilution for 1 h at room temperature before imaging.
All lanes : Anti-Cdk2 antibody (ab64669) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Human liver tissue lysate - total protein (ab29889)
Lane 2 : HeLa (Human epithelial carcinoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 3 : Thymus (Rat) Tissue Lysate
Lane 4 : HeLa Whole Cell Lysate - Bleomycin Treated (20U/ml)
Lane 5 : Jurkat (Human T cell lymphoblast-like cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 6 : Y79 (Human retinoblastoma cell line) Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 35 kDa
Observed band size: 35 kDa
Additional bands at: 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ab64669 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Zheng X et al. MicroRNA-221 promotes cell proliferation, migration, and differentiation by regulation of ZFPM2 in osteoblasts. Braz J Med Biol Res 51:e7574 (2018). PubMed: 30365725
- Duan M et al. Obovatol inhibits the growth and aggressiveness of tongue squamous cell carcinoma through regulation of the EGF-mediated JAK-STAT signaling pathway. Mol Med Rep 18:1651-1659 (2018). PubMed: 29845251
- Kim JJ et al. WSB1 overcomes oncogene-induced senescence by targeting ATM for degradation. Cell Res 27:274-293 (2017). PubMed: 27958289