Key features and details
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP2234Y] to Cdk2 (phospho T14)
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Rat, Human, Chinese hamster
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cdk2 (phospho T14) antibody [EP2234Y]
See all CDK2 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP2234Y] to Cdk2 (phospho T14)
SpecificityThis antibody detects Cdk2 phosphorylated on Threonine 14.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human, Chinese hamster
A synthetic phospho-peptide corresponding to residues surrounding Thr14 of human Cdk2.
- HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035), human tonsil tissue. IHC/P: Rat esophagus (FFPE)
Mouse: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab68265 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/1000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 34 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 34 kDa).|
|IHC-P||1/250. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
FunctionInvolved in the control of the cell cycle. Interacts with cyclins A, B1, B3, D, or E. Activity of CDK2 is maximal during S phase and G2.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Cdc2 related protein kinase antibody
- cdc2-related protein kinase antibody
- CDC28 antibody
IHC image of ab68265 staining Cdk2 in rat esophagus formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue sections, performed on a Leica Bond. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab68265, 1:250 dilution, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX. No primary antibody was used in the secondary only control (shown on the inset).
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
All lanes : Anti-Cdk2 (phospho T14) antibody [EP2234Y] (ab68265) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell lysate, untreated.
Lane 2 : HeLa cell lysate, treated with hydroxyurea.
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP conjugated Goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 34 kDa
Observed band size: ~34 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Human tonsil tissue stained with ab68265 at 1/100-1/250 dilution.
Antigen retrieval was performed before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
ab68265 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Kohama Y et al. Regulation of the stability and activity of CDC25A and CDC25B by protein phosphatase PP2A and 14-3-3 binding. Cell Signal 54:10-16 (2019). PubMed: 30468767
- Lim EG et al. Ethanol extract from Cnidium monnieri (L.) Cusson induces cell cycle arrest and apoptosis via regulation of the p53-independent pathway in HepG2 and Hep3B hepatocellular carcinoma cells. Mol Med Rep 17:2572-2580 (2018). PubMed: 29207130
- Konopka AR et al. Relationship between intermuscular adipose tissue infiltration and myostatin before and after aerobic exercise training. Am J Physiol Regul Integr Comp Physiol 315:R461-R468 (2018). PubMed: 29718700
- Sheldon LA Inhibition of E2F1 activity and cell cycle progression by arsenic via retinoblastoma protein. Cell Cycle 16:2058-2072 (2017). PubMed: 28880708
- Pai GM et al. TSC loss distorts DNA replication programme and sensitises cells to genotoxic stress. Oncotarget 7:85365-85380 (2016). PubMed: 27863419
- Li J et al. Phosphorylation of MCM3 Protein by Cyclin E/Cyclin-dependent Kinase 2 (Cdk2) Regulates Its Function in Cell Cycle. J Biol Chem 286:39776-85 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21965652
- Abdullah C et al. Expression analysis and molecular targeting of cyclin-dependent kinases in advanced melanoma. Cell Cycle 10:977-88 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21358262
- Prosser SL et al. Molecular dissection of the centrosome overduplication pathway in S-phase-arrested cells. Mol Cell Biol 29:1760-73 (2009). WB ; Chinese hamster . PubMed: 19139275