Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP715Y] to CDK5
- Suitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP, ICC/IF
- Knockout validated
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Product nameAnti-CDK5 antibody [EP715Y]
See all CDK5 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP715Y] to CDK5
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Fr, WB, IHC-P, Flow Cyt, IP, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Chicken, Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cdk5 aa 250 to the C-terminus (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- WB: HeLa whole cell lysate (ab150035). IHC-P: Human brain tissue. Flow Cyt: HeLa cells. IHC-Fr: Chicken midbrain tissue.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 49% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40773 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 33 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 33 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
FunctionProbably involved in the control of the cell cycle. Interacts with D1 and D3-type G1 cyclins. Can phosphorylate histone H1, tau, MAP2 and NF-H and NF-M. Also interacts with p35 which activates the kinase.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Cell projection > lamellipodium. Cell projection > growth cone. In axonal growth cone with extension to the peripheral lamellipodia.
- Information by UniProt
- Cdk 5 antibody
- Cdk5 antibody
- CDK5_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-CDK5 antibody [EP715Y] (ab40773) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : Wild-type HAP1 whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : CDK5 knockout HAP1 whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : SHSY5Y whole cell lysate
Lane 4 : MCF7 whole cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 20 µg per lane.
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa
Lanes 1 - 4: Merged signal (red and green). Green - ab40773 observed at 33 kDa. Red - loading control, ab130007, observed at 130 kDa.
ab40773 was shown to specifically react with Cdk5 in wild-type HAP1 cells as signal was lost in CDK5 knockout cells. Wild-type and CDK5 knockout samples were subjected to SDS-PAGE. Ab40773 and ab130007 (Mouse anti-Vinculin loading control) were incubated overnight at 4°C at 1/2000 dilution and 1/20000 dilution respectively. Blots were developed with Goat anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (IRDye® 800CW) preabsorbed ab216773 and Goat anti-Mouse IgG H&L (IRDye® 680RD) preabsorbed ab216776 secondary antibodies at 1/20000 dilution for 1 hour at room temperature before imaging.
Anti-CDK5 antibody [EP715Y] (ab40773) at 1/10000 dilution + HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cell lysate
Predicted band size: 33 kDa
Observed band size: 33 kDa
ab40773 staining Cdk5 in the SH-SY5Y cell line by ICC/IF (Immunocytochemistry/immunofluorescence). Cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde, permeabilized with 0.1% Triton X-100. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/300). a150077 was used as the secondary antibody (1/500) and nuclei stained with DAPI.
Immunohistochemical analysis of frozen PFA-fixed chicken midbrain tissue cyrosection, labelling Cdk5 with ab40773 at a dilution of 1/200 incubated for 16 hours at 4°C in 0.1% PBS Triton X and 3% BSA. Blocking was with 3% BSA incubated for 1 hour at 21°C. Secondary was a goat anti-rabbit polyclonal Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugate at 1/1000.
Paraffin-embedded human brain tissue stained for Cdk5 with ab40773 at 1/100 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
Flow cytometry analysis of HeLa (human epithelial cell line from cervix adenocarcinoma) cells labelling Cdk5 with ab40773 (pink). Negative control Rabbit IgG (green).
ab40773 at 1/50 immunoprecipitating Cdk5 in HeLa whole cell lysate.
For western blotting, the primary antibody was used at a dilution of 1/1000 and a HRP-conjugated goat anti-rabbit IgG was used as the secondary antibody (1/1000).
Blocking buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM/TBST.
Diluting buffer and concentration: 5% NFDM /TBST.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40773 has been referenced in 20 publications.
- Li X et al. Cyclin-dependent Kinase 5 Regulates Cortical Neurotransmission and Neural Circuits Associated with Motor Control in the Secondary Motor Cortex in the Mouse. Neuroscience 438:9-24 (2020). PubMed: 32353462
- Zhang M et al. Identification of differentially expressed microRNAs and their target genes in the hippocampal tissues of Fmr1 knockout mice. Am J Transl Res 12:813-824 (2020). PubMed: 32269714
- Tang H et al. CDK5 inhibition in vitro and in vivo induces cell death in myeloma and overcomes the obstacle of bortezomib resistance. Int J Mol Med 45:1661-1672 (2020). PubMed: 32236619
- Ruiz de Porras V et al. Tumor Expression of Cyclin-Dependent Kinase 5 (Cdk5) Is a Prognostic Biomarker and Predicts Outcome of Oxaliplatin-Treated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer Patients. Cancers (Basel) 11:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31614664
- Zhu L et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase 5 acts as a promising biomarker in clear cell Renal Cell Carcinoma. BMC Cancer 19:698 (2019). PubMed: 31311512