Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cdk9
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cdk9 antibody
See all Cdk9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cdk9
SpecificityNo reaction is observed against other related cyclin dependent kinases.
Tested Applications & Species
Application Species IHC-PMouse
Multiple synthetic peptides corresponding to C-terminal and N-terminal domains of the protein coded by the human gene cdk9 (PITALRE)
General notescdk9(PITALRE) interacts with a conserved domain in the TRAF-C region of the tumor necrosis factor signal transducer TRAF2. The positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb) is identified as cdk9 paired with cyclin T1.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.88% Sodium chloride, 0.42% Potassium phosphate
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesSterile filtered.
The Abpromise guarantee
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab6544 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Tested applications are guaranteed to work and covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Predicted to work for this combination of applications and species but not guaranteed.
Does not work for this combination of applications and species.
1/200 - 1/1000.
1/200 - 1/1000.
FunctionMember of the cyclin-dependent kinase pair (CDK9/cyclin-T) complex, also called positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb), which facilitates the transition from abortive to production elongation by phosphorylating the CTD (C-terminal domain) of the large subunit of RNA polymerase II (RNAP II), SUPT5H and RDBP. The CDK9/cyclin-K complex has also a kinase activity toward CTD of RNAP II and can substitute for P-TEFb in vitro.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- C-2K antibody
- CDC2 related kinase antibody
- CDC2L4 antibody
ab6544 has been referenced in 8 publications.
- Sithole N et al. DDX5 potentiates HIV-1 transcription as a co-factor of Tat. Retrovirology 17:6 (2020). PubMed: 32228614
- Cary DC et al. HIV Transcription is Independent of Mediator Kinases. AIDS Res Hum Retroviruses N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31044597
- Shan J et al. The C/ebp-Atf response element (CARE) location reveals two distinct Atf4-dependent, elongation-mediated mechanisms for transcriptional induction of aminoacyl-tRNA synthetase genes in response to amino acid limitation. Nucleic Acids Res 44:9719-9732 (2016). PubMed: 27471030
- Kuzmina A et al. A single point mutation in cyclin T1 eliminates binding to Hexim1, Cdk9 and RNA but not to AFF4 and enforces repression of HIV transcription. Retrovirology 11:51 (2014). WB . PubMed: 24985467
- Zhang H et al. SIRT2 directs the replication stress response through CDK9 deacetylation. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 110:13546-51 (2013). PubMed: 23898190
- Qi T et al. G-actin participates in RNA polymerase II-dependent transcription elongation by recruiting positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb). J Biol Chem 286:15171-81 (2011). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 21378166
- Kruse U et al. Chemoproteomics-based kinome profiling and target deconvolution of clinical multi-kinase inhibitors in primary chronic lymphocytic leukemia cells. Leukemia : (2010). PubMed: 20944678
- Iankova I et al. Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma recruits the positive transcription elongation factor b complex to activate transcription and promote adipogenesis. Mol Endocrinol 20:1494-505 (2006). PubMed: 16484339