Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP3118] to Cdk9
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Cdk9 antibody [EP3118]
See all Cdk9 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP3118] to Cdk9
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Cdk9 aa 1-100. The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HT-29, HeLa and 293T cell lysates. Human breast carcinoma tissue.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, 40% Glycerol, 9.85% Tris glycine, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab75848 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/2000 - 1/5000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).
Is unsuitable for Flow Cyt, ICC or IP.
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionMember of the cyclin-dependent kinase pair (CDK9/cyclin-T) complex, also called positive transcription elongation factor b (P-TEFb), which facilitates the transition from abortive to production elongation by phosphorylating the CTD (C-terminal domain) of the large subunit of RNA polymerase II (RNAP II), SUPT5H and RDBP. The CDK9/cyclin-K complex has also a kinase activity toward CTD of RNAP II and can substitute for P-TEFb in vitro.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the protein kinase superfamily. CMGC Ser/Thr protein kinase family. CDC2/CDKX subfamily.
Contains 1 protein kinase domain.
- Information by UniProt
- C-2K antibody
- CDC2 related kinase antibody
- CDC2L4 antibody
ab75848 at 1/100 dilution staining Cdk9 in human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry using paraffin-embedded tissue.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
All lanes : Anti-Cdk9 antibody [EP3118] (ab75848) at 1/2000 dilution
Lane 1 : HT-29 cell
Lane 2 : HeLa cell
Lane 3 : 293T cell
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti-rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
ab75848 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Izumi K et al. Germline gain-of-function mutations in AFF4 cause a developmental syndrome functionally linking the super elongation complex and cohesin. Nat Genet 47:338-44 (2015). PubMed: 25730767
- Chen XX et al. Cyclin-dependent kinase inhibitor dinaciclib potently synergizes with cisplatin in preclinical models of ovarian cancer. Oncotarget 6:14926-39 (2015). PubMed: 25962959