Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP435Y-129R] to CDKN2A/p16INK4a
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cyt
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-CDKN2A/p16INK4a antibody [EP435Y-129R]
See all CDKN2A/p16INK4a primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP435Y-129R] to CDKN2A/p16INK4a
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, Flow Cytmore details
Unsuitable for: IHC-P or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Recombinant full length protein corresponding to Human CDKN2A/p16INK4a.
- HeLa cells and 293 cell lysate
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 9% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA, 50% Tissue culture supernatant
Concentration information loading...
PurityTissue culture supernatant
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81278 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/500.|
|Flow Cyt||1/50 - 1/100.
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
Cellular localizationCytoplasmic and Nuclear
FormThere are 4 isoforms produced by alternative splicing. Isoform 1 also known as: p16INK4a; Isoform 3 also known as: p12; Isoform 4 also known as: p14ARF; p19ARF; ARF.
- CCM2 antibody
- CDK4 inhibitor p16 INK4 antibody
- CDK4I antibody
Immunofluorescent staining of HeLa cells using 1/100 ab81278
Overlay histogram showing HEK293 cells stained with ab81278 (red line). The cells were fixed with 4% paraformaldehyde (10 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab81278, 1/100 dilution) for 30 min at 22ºC. The secondary antibody used was DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) (ab96899) at 1/500 dilution for 30 min at 22ºC. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (1µg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Acquisition of >5,000 events was performed. This antibody gave a positive signal in HEK293 cells fixed with 80% methanol (5 min)/permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min used under the same conditions.
All lanes : Anti-CDKN2A/p16INK4a antibody [EP435Y-129R] (ab81278) at 1/20000 dilution
Lane 1 : HeLa cell
Lane 2 : 293 cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : HRP labelled goat anti rabbit at 1/2000 dilution
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Observed band size: 17 kDa
ab81278 has been referenced in 23 publications.
- Liao GY et al. Blockage of glutamine-dependent anaplerosis affects mTORC1/2 activity and ultimately leads to cellular senescence-like response. Biol Open 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31097446
- Herling CD et al. Clonal dynamics towards the development of venetoclax resistance in chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Nat Commun 9:727 (2018). PubMed: 29463802
- Cretella D et al. The anti-tumor efficacy of CDK4/6 inhibition is enhanced by the combination with PI3K/AKT/mTOR inhibitors through impairment of glucose metabolism in TNBC cells. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:72 (2018). PubMed: 29587820
- Li G et al. Alternative splicing of human telomerase reverse transcriptase in gliomas and its modulation mediated by CX-5461. J Exp Clin Cancer Res 37:78 (2018). PubMed: 29631594
- Lakhdar R et al. Role of accelerated aging in limb muscle wasting of patients with COPD. Int J Chron Obstruct Pulmon Dis 13:1987-1998 (2018). PubMed: 29970961