Key features and details
- Rat monoclonal [5-C3] to CDKN2A/p19ARF
- Suitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG2b
Product nameAnti-CDKN2A/p19ARF antibody [5-C3]
See all CDKN2A/p19ARF primary antibodies
DescriptionRat monoclonal [5-C3] to CDKN2A/p19ARF
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IP, ICC/IF, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Does not react with: Hamster, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse CDKN2A/p19ARF conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
- 3T3 cell lystate positive control.
The 5-C3 monoclonal has been knockout validated in WB and ICC/IF using wild type and knockout mouse samples. The data are shown in the images section.
This antibody clone is manufactured by Abcam. If you require a custom buffer formulation or conjugation for your experiments, please contact email@example.com.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 6.97% L-Arginine
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab26696 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 19 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 17 kDa).|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|IHC-FoFr||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
RelevanceThe gene for CDK2NA generates several transcripts/proteins which differ from each other in their first exons. Three of these transcripts are generated by alternative splicing (isoform 1 a.k.a p16INK4A, isoform 2 and isoform 3 a.k.a p12), two of which are known to function as inhibitors of CDK4 kinase. One other transcript that is generated from this gene contains an alternate reading frame (ARF), with the first exon located 20kb upstream of the remainder of the gene(isoform 4 a.k.a. p14ARF, p19ARF, ARF). In spite of the structural and some functional differences, all the proteins encoded by the CDKN2A gene are involved in cell cycle G1 control.
- ARF antibody
- CDKN2A antibody
- Cyclin dependent kinase inhibitor 2A antibody
Immunofluorescent detection of p19ARF. MEF cells (1 and 2) or NIH3T3 cells with arf gene deleted (3 and 4) were stained with anti-p19ARF 5C3 followed by a fluorescent-labelled anti-rat IgG (1 and 3) and Hoechst dye to visualise nuclei (2 and 4).
All lanes : Anti-CDKN2A/p19ARF antibody [5-C3] (ab26696)
Lane 1 : Total cell lysate from NIH3T3 cells with Arf gene deleted
Lane 2 : MEF total cell lysate
All lanes : anti-rat IgG-HRP
Predicted band size: 17 kDa
Observed band size: 19 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Immunoprecipitation using anti-p19ARF 5C3. NIH3T3 cells expressing HA-p19ARF were incubated with a control rat IgG (lane 1) or anti-p19ARF 5C3 (2). Precipitated proteins were analysed by Western blot using anti-HA antibody.
ab26696 has been referenced in 18 publications.
- Sun L et al. Nicotine triggers islet ß cell senescence to facilitate the progression of type 2 diabetes. Toxicology 441:152502 (2020). PubMed: 32473187
- Lázaro S et al. Ablating all three retinoblastoma family members in mouse lung leads to neuroendocrine tumor formation. Oncotarget 8:4373-4386 (2017). PubMed: 27966456
- Lee CK et al. Syk-mediated tyrosine phosphorylation of mule promotes TNF-induced JNK activation and cell death. Oncogene 35:1988-95 (2016). PubMed: 26212014
- Bartesaghi S et al. Inhibition of oxidative metabolism leads to p53 genetic inactivation and transformation in neural stem cells. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:1059-64 (2015). WB . PubMed: 25583481
- Shai A et al. TP53 Silencing Bypasses Growth Arrest of BRAFV600E-Induced Lung Tumor Cells in a Two-Switch Model of Lung Tumorigenesis. Cancer Res 75:3167-80 (2015). WB . PubMed: 26001956