Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CDT1/DUP
- Suitable for: IP, IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CDT1/DUP antibody
See all CDT1/DUP primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CDT1/DUP
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IP, IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CDT1/DUP (C terminal).
Database link: NP_112190.1
This product was previously labelled as CDT1
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.764% Sodium citrate, 1.815% Tris, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab70829 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to CDT1/DUP immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab70829 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
|IHC-P||1/1000 - 1/5000. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000 - 1/2500. Detects a band of approximately 63 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 63 kDa).|
FunctionCooperates with CDC6 to promote the loading of the mini-chromosome maintenance complex onto chromatin to form the pre-replication complex necessary to initiate DNA replication. Binds DNA in a sequence-, strand-, and conformation-independent manner. Potential oncogene.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the Cdt1 family.
Developmental stagePresent during G1 and early S phase of the cell cycle. Degraded during the late S, G2, and M phases.
DomainThe PIP-box K+4 motif mediates both the interaction with PCNA and the recuitment of the DCX(DTL) complex: while the PIP-box interacts with PCNA, the presence of the K+4 submotif, recruits the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its ubiquitination.
modificationsUbiquitinated by the DCX(DTL) complex, also named CRL4(CDT2) complex, in response to DNA damage, leading to its degradation. Ubiquitination by the DCX(DTL) complex is necessary to ensure proper cell cycle regulation and is PCNA-dependent: interacts with PCNA via its PIP-box, while the presence of the containing the 'K+4' motif in the PIP box, recruit the DCX(DTL) complex, leading to its degradation. The interaction with GMNN protects it against ubiquitination.
Phosphorylated by cyclin A-dependent kinases which results in the binding of CDT1 to the F-box protein SKP2 and subsequent degradation. Binding to GMNN is not affected by phosphorylation.
- Information by UniProt
- CDT 1 antibody
- cdt1 antibody
- CDT1_HUMAN antibody
All lanes : Anti-CDT1/DUP antibody (ab70829) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Developed using the ECL technique.
Predicted band size: 63 kDa
Observed band size: 63 kDa
Exposure time: 3 minutes
Immunohistochemistry (Formalin/PFA-fixed paraffin-embedded sections) analysis of human islet cell carcinoma tissue labelling CDT1/DUP with ab70829 at 1/1000 (1µg/ml). Detection: DAB.
Detection of CDT1/DUP by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab70829 at 1µg/ml staining CDT1/DUP in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab70829 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
ab70829 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Hernández-Pérez S et al. USP37 deubiquitinates Cdt1 and contributes to regulate DNA replication. Mol Oncol N/A:N/A (2016). WB ; Human . PubMed: 27296872
- Grandy RA et al. Genome-Wide Studies Reveal that H3K4me3 Modification in Bivalent Genes Is Dynamically Regulated during the Pluripotent Cell Cycle and Stabilized upon Differentiation. Mol Cell Biol 36:615-27 (2015). WB ; Human . PubMed: 26644406
- Clijsters L & Wolthuis R PIP-box-mediated degradation prohibits re-accumulation of Cdc6 during S phase. J Cell Sci 127:1336-45 (2014). PubMed: 24434580
- Yang YL et al. Lung tumourigenesis in a conditional Cul4A transgenic mouse model. J Pathol 233:113-23 (2014). IHC-P . PubMed: 24648314
- Maya-Mendoza A et al. Immortalised breast epithelia survive prolonged DNA replication stress and return to cycle from a senescent-like state. Cell Death Dis 5:e1351 (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 25058425
- Clijsters L et al. The spindle checkpoint, APC/C(Cdc20), and APC/C(Cdh1) play distinct roles in connecting mitosis to S phase. J Cell Biol 201:1013-26 (2013). Human . PubMed: 23775192
- Rossetto CC et al. Cis and trans acting factors involved in human cytomegalovirus experimental and natural latent infection of CD14 (+) monocytes and CD34 (+) cells. PLoS Pathog 9:e1003366 (2013). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 23717203