Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CDYL
- Suitable for: IHC-P, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CDYL antibody
See all CDYL primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CDYL
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-P, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Mouse CDYL aa 300-400 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- This antibody gave a positive signal in COS7 cells transfected with Human CDYL (Whole Cell Lysate)
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5188 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
|WB||1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 80 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 66 kDa).|
FunctionActs as repressor of transcription (By similarity). Has histone acetyltransferase activity, with a preference for histone H4.
Tissue specificityUbiquitous. Expressed at moderate levels in all tissues examined.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 chromo domain.
- Information by UniProt
- CDY-like antibody
- CDY-like autosomal antibody
- Cdyl antibody
All lanes : Anti-CDYL antibody (ab5188) at 1/1000 dilution
Lane 1 : COS7 (monkey) cells
Lane 2 : COS7 cells transfected with HA-CDYL-FLAG plasmid
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 83 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Rabbit polyclonal to CDYL (ab5188) at 1/1000.
Left lane (-) COS7 (monkey) cells.
Right lane (+) COS7 cells transfected with HA-CDYL-FLAG plasmid.
Image courtesy of Human Protein Atlas
ab5188 staining CDYL in human male kidney, showing a distinct and strong staining pattern in tubuli and glomeruli cells. Paraffin embedded human skin tissue was incubated with ab5188 (1/1000 dilution) for 30 mins at room temperature. Antigen retrieval was performed by heat induction in citrate buffer pH 6..
ab5188 was tested in a tissue microarray (TMA) containing a wide range of normal and cancer tissues as well as a cell microarray consisting of a range of commonly used, well characterised human cell lines. Further results for this antibody can be found at www.proteinatlas.org
All lanes : Anti-CDYL antibody (ab5188) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : COS7 Untransfected Whole Cell Lysate
Lane 2 : COS7 CDYL (Human) Transfected Whole Cell Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat polyclonal to Rabbit IgG - H&L - Pre-Adsorbed (HRP) at 1/3000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 66 kDa
Observed band size: 80 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 60 kDa, 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 12 minutes
ab5188 has been referenced in 10 publications.
- Qiu Z et al. CDYL promotes the chemoresistance of small cell lung cancer by regulating H3K27 trimethylation at the CDKN1C promoter. Theranostics 9:4717-4729 (2019). PubMed: 31367252
- Wang J et al. Asymmetric Expression of LincGET Biases Cell Fate in Two-Cell Mouse Embryos. Cell 175:1887-1901.e18 (2018). PubMed: 30550787
- Qi C et al. Coordinated regulation of dendrite arborization by epigenetic factors CDYL and EZH2. J Neurosci 34:4494-508 (2014). Rat . PubMed: 24671995
- Escamilla-Del-Arenal M et al. Cdyl, a new partner of the inactive X chromosome and potential reader of H3K27me3 and H3K9me2. Mol Cell Biol 33:5005-20 (2013). WB, ICC/IF . PubMed: 24144980
- Bantscheff M et al. Chemoproteomics profiling of HDAC inhibitors reveals selective targeting of HDAC complexes. Nat Biotechnol : (2011). PubMed: 21258344
- Sass S et al. MicroRNAs coordinately regulate protein complexes. BMC Syst Biol 5:136 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21867514
- Zhang Y et al. Corepressor Protein CDYL Functions as a Molecular Bridge between Polycomb Repressor Complex 2 and Repressive Chromatin Mark Trimethylated Histone Lysine 27. J Biol Chem 286:42414-25 (2011). WB, ChIP, CHIPseq ; Human . PubMed: 22009739
- Vermeulen M et al. Quantitative Interaction Proteomics and Genome-wide Profiling of Epigenetic Histone Marks and Their Readers. Cell 142:967-80 (2010). WB ; Human . PubMed: 20850016
- Franz H et al. Multimerization and H3K9me3 Binding Are Required for CDYL1b Heterochromatin Association. J Biol Chem 284:35049-59 (2009). WB ; Human . PubMed: 19808672
- Kuppuswamy M et al. Role of the PLDLS-binding cleft region of CtBP1 in recruitment of core and auxiliary components of the corepressor complex. Mol Cell Biol 28:269-81 (2008). WB . PubMed: 17967884