Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP709Y] to CEBP Alpha/CEBPA
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CEBP Alpha/CEBPA antibody [EP709Y]
See all CEBP Alpha/CEBPA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP709Y] to CEBP Alpha/CEBPA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human CEBP Alpha/CEBPA aa 300-400 (C terminal).
- U937 cell lysate
This product was previously labelled as CEBP Alpha
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40764 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
FunctionC/EBP is a DNA-binding protein that recognizes two different motifs: the CCAAT homology common to many promoters and the enhanced core homology common to many enhancers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptotic cysteine protease antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch 5 antibody
- C/EBP alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-CEBP Alpha/CEBPA antibody [EP709Y] (ab40764) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : U-937 (Human histiocytic lymphoma monocyte) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia monocyte) whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : Mouse liver lysates
Lane 4 : Rat liver lysates
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
This antibody detects high backgrounds
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40764 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Shi Y et al. miR-196b-5p controls adipocyte differentiation and lipogenesis through regulating mTORC1 and TGF-ß signaling. FASEB J N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32469097
- Yuan H et al. Hypomethylation of nerve growth factor (NGF) promotes binding of C/EBPa and contributes to inflammatory hyperalgesia in rats. J Neuroinflammation 17:34 (2020). PubMed: 31980031
- Qin Y et al. Alterations in promoter interaction landscape and transcriptional network underlying metabolic adaptation to diet. Nat Commun 11:962 (2020). PubMed: 32075973
- Jiang T et al. Isoimperatorin enhances 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation by regulating PPAR? and C/EBPa through the Akt signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:2160-2166 (2019). PubMed: 31452707
- Guan F et al. New Molecular Mechanism Underlying Myc-Mediated Cytochrome P450 2E1 Upregulation in Apoptosis and Energy Metabolism in the Myocardium. J Am Heart Assoc 8:e009871 (2019). PubMed: 30563421