Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP709Y] to CEBP Alpha/CEBPA
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CEBP Alpha/CEBPA antibody [EP709Y]
See all CEBP Alpha/CEBPA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP709Y] to CEBP Alpha/CEBPA
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: Flow Cyt,ICC/IF or IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
corresponding to Human CEBP Alpha/CEBPA aa 300-400 (C terminal).
- U937 cell lysate
This product was previously labelled as CEBP Alpha
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C long term. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.05% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40764 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
FunctionC/EBP is a DNA-binding protein that recognizes two different motifs: the CCAAT homology common to many promoters and the enhanced core homology common to many enhancers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptotic cysteine protease antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch 5 antibody
- C/EBP alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-CEBP Alpha/CEBPA antibody [EP709Y] (ab40764) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : U-937 (Human histiocytic lymphoma monocyte) whole cell lysates
Lane 2 : THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia monocyte) whole cell lysates
Lane 3 : Mouse liver lysates
Lane 4 : Rat liver lysates
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
This antibody detects high backgrounds
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40764 has been referenced in 26 publications.
- Shi Y et al. miR-196b-5p controls adipocyte differentiation and lipogenesis through regulating mTORC1 and TGF-ß signaling. FASEB J N/A:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32469097
- Jiang T et al. Isoimperatorin enhances 3T3-L1 preadipocyte differentiation by regulating PPAR? and C/EBPa through the Akt signaling pathway. Exp Ther Med 18:2160-2166 (2019). PubMed: 31452707
- Guan F et al. New Molecular Mechanism Underlying Myc-Mediated Cytochrome P450 2E1 Upregulation in Apoptosis and Energy Metabolism in the Myocardium. J Am Heart Assoc 8:e009871 (2019). PubMed: 30563421
- Wang T et al. Effects of leukemia inhibitory factor receptor on the adipogenic differentiation of human bone marrow mesenchymal stem cells. Mol Med Rep 19:4719-4726 (2019). PubMed: 31059010
- Sikkeland J et al. Inflammation and ER stress differentially regulate STAMP2 expression and localization in adipocytes. Metabolism 93:75-85 (2019). PubMed: 30710574