Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit Monoclonal [EP709Y] to CEBP Alpha/CEBPA - BSA and Azide free
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
Product nameAnti-CEBP Alpha/CEBPA antibody [EP709Y] - BSA and Azide free
See all CEBP Alpha/CEBPA primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit Monoclonal [EP709Y] to CEBP Alpha/CEBPA - BSA and Azide free
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Unsuitable for: IP
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
aa 300-400 (C terminal).
- U937 cell lysate
ab219726 is the carrier-free version of ab40764 This format is designed for use in antibody labeling, including fluorochromes, metal isotopes, oligonucleotides, enzymes.
Our carrier-free formats are supplied in a buffer free of BSA, sodium azide and glycerol for higher conjugation efficiency.
Use our conjugation kits for antibody conjugates that are ready-to-use in as little as 20 minutes with <1 minute hands-on-time and 100% antibody recovery: available for fluorescent dyes, HRP, biotin and gold.
Ab219726 is compatible with the Maxpar® Antibody Labeling Kit from Fluidigm.
Maxpar® is a trademark of Fluidigm Canada Inc.
This product was previously labelled as CEBP Alpha
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C. Do Not Freeze.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab219726 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Detects a band of approximately 43 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 43 kDa).|
FunctionC/EBP is a DNA-binding protein that recognizes two different motifs: the CCAAT homology common to many promoters and the enhanced core homology common to many enhancers.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
- Information by UniProt
- Apoptotic cysteine protease antibody
- Apoptotic protease Mch 5 antibody
- C/EBP alpha antibody
All lanes : Anti-CEBP Alpha/CEBPA antibody [EP709Y] (ab40764) at 1/1000 dilution (Purified)
Lane 1 : U937 (Human histiocytic lymphoma monocyte) whole cell lysate
Lane 2 : THP-1 (Human monocytic leukemia monocyte) whole cell lysate
Lane 3 : Mouse liver tissue lysate
Lane 4 : Rat liver tissue lysate
Lysates/proteins at 15 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) (ab97051) at 1/20000 dilution
Predicted band size: 43 kDa
Observed band size: 43 kDa
This data was developed using ab40764, the same antibody clone in a different buffer formulation.
This antibody detects high backgrounds.
ab219726 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Weston W et al. Dynamic equilibrium of heterogeneous and interconvertible multipotent hematopoietic cell subsets. Sci Rep 4:5199 (2014). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 24903657
- Marzook H et al. Metastasis-associated protein 1 drives tumor cell migration and invasion through transcriptional repression of RING finger protein 144A. J Biol Chem 287:5615-26 (2012). WB, IP, EMSA ; Human . PubMed: 22184113
- Kilroy G et al. The ubiquitin ligase Siah2 regulates PPAR? activity in adipocytes. Endocrinology 153:1206-18 (2012). PubMed: 22294748
- Bristol JA et al. The Epstein-Barr virus BZLF1 protein inhibits tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 expression through effects on cellular C/EBP proteins. J Virol 84:12362-74 (2010). PubMed: 20861254
- Bristol JA et al. CCAAT/enhancer binding proteins alpha and beta regulate the tumor necrosis factor receptor 1 gene promoter. Mol Immunol 46:2706-13 (2009). PubMed: 19523687