Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal [1H7] to CEBP Beta
- Suitable for: ChIP, ICC/IF, IP, WB
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CEBP Beta antibody [1H7]
See all CEBP Beta primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal [1H7] to CEBP Beta
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIP, ICC/IF, IP, WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Recombinant full length LIP protein (Mouse)
- ICC/IF: P388D1 cells WB: 3T3-L1 cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
ChIP Related Products
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab15050 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 4 µg/ml. Fix with 4% paraformaldehyde.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 38 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 35,38,20 kDa).|
FunctionImportant transcriptional activator in the regulation of genes involved in immune and inflammatory responses. Specifically binds to an IL-1 response element in the IL-6 gene. NF-IL6 also binds to regulatory regions of several acute-phase and cytokines genes. It probably plays a role in the regulation of acute-phase reaction, inflammation and hemopoiesis. The consensus recognition site is 5'-T[TG]NNGNAA[TG]-3'. Functions in brown adipose tissue (BAT) differentiation.
Tissue specificityExpressed at low levels in the lung, kidney and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsSumoylated by polymeric chains of SUMO2 or SUMO3.
- Information by UniProt
- AGP/EBP antibody
- C EBP beta antibody
- C/EBP beta antibody
ab15050 has been referenced in 9 publications.
- Teo YV et al. Notch Signaling Mediates Secondary Senescence. Cell Rep 27:997-1007.e5 (2019). PubMed: 31018144
- Lamkin DM et al. C/EBPß regulates the M2 transcriptome in ß-adrenergic-stimulated macrophages. Brain Behav Immun 80:839-848 (2019). PubMed: 31132458
- Schäfer A et al. Impaired DNA demethylation of C/EBP sites causes premature aging. Genes Dev 32:742-762 (2018). PubMed: 29884649
- Liu X et al. Remifentanil upregulates hepatic IL-18 binding protein (IL-18BP) expression through transcriptional control. Lab Invest 98:1588-1599 (2018). PubMed: 30089853
- Bei Y et al. Cardiac cell proliferation is not necessary for exercise-induced cardiac growth but required for its protection against ischaemia/reperfusion injury. J Cell Mol Med 21:1648-1655 (2017). PubMed: 28304151
- Liu H et al. GCN2-dependent metabolic stress is essential for endotoxemic cytokine induction and pathology. Mol Cell Biol 34:428-38 (2014). Mouse . PubMed: 24248597
- Dupuis L et al. Role of leptin receptors in granulosa cells during ovulation. Reproduction 147:221-9 (2014). PubMed: 24256641
- Mariani O et al. JUN oncogene amplification and overexpression block adipocytic differentiation in highly aggressive sarcomas. Cancer Cell 11:361-74 (2007). PubMed: 17418412
- Su WC et al. Differential activation of a C/EBP beta isoform by a novel redox switch may confer the lipopolysaccharide-inducible expression of interleukin-6 gene. J Biol Chem 278:51150-8 (2003). WB . PubMed: 14530280