Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CEBP Beta
- Suitable for: WB, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CEBP Beta antibody
See all CEBP Beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CEBP Beta
Specificityab53138 detects endogenous levels of total CEBP Beta protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic non-phosphopeptide derived from human CEBP Beta around the phosphorylation site of threonine 235 (P-G-T-P-S).
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Stable for 12 months at -20°C.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.87% Sodium chloride, 50% Glycerol, PBS
Without Mg+2 and Ca+2
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab53138 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/300 - 1/1000. Detects a band of approximately 36 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 36 kDa).|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionImportant transcriptional activator in the regulation of genes involved in immune and inflammatory responses. Specifically binds to an IL-1 response element in the IL-6 gene. NF-IL6 also binds to regulatory regions of several acute-phase and cytokines genes. It probably plays a role in the regulation of acute-phase reaction, inflammation and hemopoiesis. The consensus recognition site is 5'-T[TG]NNGNAA[TG]-3'. Functions in brown adipose tissue (BAT) differentiation.
Tissue specificityExpressed at low levels in the lung, kidney and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsSumoylated by polymeric chains of SUMO2 or SUMO3.
- Information by UniProt
- AGP/EBP antibody
- C EBP beta antibody
- C/EBP beta antibody
All lanes : Anti-CEBP Beta antibody (ab53138) at 1/300 dilution
Lane 1 : NIH/3T3 cell extract
Lane 2 : NIH/3T3 cell extract with immunizing peptide
Predicted band size: 36 kDa
Observed band size: 36 kDa
ab53138 at 1/50 dilution staining CEBP Beta in human lung carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, Paraffin embedded tissue, in the absence or presence of the immunising peptide.
ab53138 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Li F et al. MicroRNA-191 targets CCAAT/enhanced binding protein ß and functions as an oncogenic molecule in human non-small cell lung carcinoma cells. Exp Ther Med 18:1175-1183 (2019). PubMed: 31316611
- Richter M et al. Pancreatic progenitor-derived hepatocytes are viable and functional in a 3D high density bioreactor culture system. Toxicol Res (Camb) 5:278-290 (2016). PubMed: 30090344
- Mir RA & Chauhan SS Down Regulation of a Matrix Degrading Cysteine Protease Cathepsin L, by Acetaldehyde: Role of C/EBPa. PLoS One 6:e20768 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21687683
- Younce CW et al. MCP-1 (monocyte chemotactic protein-1)-induced protein, a recently identified zinc finger protein, induces adipogenesis in 3T3-L1 pre-adipocytes without peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor gamma. J Biol Chem 284:27620-8 (2009). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 19666473