Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CEBP Beta (phospho T235 + T188)
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CEBP Beta (phospho T235 + T188) antibody
See all CEBP Beta primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CEBP Beta (phospho T235 + T188)
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of CEBP Beta only when phosphorylated at threonine 235/188.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat, Human
A synthetic phosphopeptide derived from human CEBP Beta around the phosphorylation site of threonine 235/188.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific phosphopeptide. The antibody against non-phosphopeptide was removed by chromatography using non-phosphopeptide corresponding to the phosphorylation site.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab52194 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
FunctionImportant transcriptional activator in the regulation of genes involved in immune and inflammatory responses. Specifically binds to an IL-1 response element in the IL-6 gene. NF-IL6 also binds to regulatory regions of several acute-phase and cytokines genes. It probably plays a role in the regulation of acute-phase reaction, inflammation and hemopoiesis. The consensus recognition site is 5'-T[TG]NNGNAA[TG]-3'. Functions in brown adipose tissue (BAT) differentiation.
Tissue specificityExpressed at low levels in the lung, kidney and spleen.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the bZIP family. C/EBP subfamily.
Contains 1 bZIP domain.
Domainthe 9aaTAD motif is a transactivation domain present in a large number of yeast and animal transcription factors.
modificationsSumoylated by polymeric chains of SUMO2 or SUMO3.
- Information by UniProt
- AGP/EBP antibody
- C EBP beta antibody
- C/EBP beta antibody
ab52194 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Chuang WT et al. Benzyl Isothiocyanate and Phenethyl Isothiocyanate Inhibit Adipogenesis and Hepatosteatosis in Mice with Obesity Induced by a High-Fat Diet. J Agric Food Chem 67:7136-7146 (2019). PubMed: 31240929
- Li CC et al. 14-Deoxy-11,12-didehydroandrographolide suppresses adipogenesis of 3 T3-L1 preadipocytes by inhibiting CCAAT/enhancer-binding protein ß activation and AMPK-mediated mitotic clonal expansion. Toxicol Appl Pharmacol 359:82-90 (2018). PubMed: 30248417
- Alam M et al. MUC1-C Oncoprotein Activates ERK->C/EBPß Signaling and Induction of Aldehyde Dehydrogenase 1A1 in Breast Cancer Cells. J Biol Chem 288:30892-903 (2013). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 24043631
- Chen CJ et al. Glutamate released by Japanese encephalitis virus-infected microglia involves TNF-a signaling and contributes to neuronal death. Glia 60:487-501 (2012). WB . PubMed: 22144112
- Sachdeva M et al. Negative regulation of miR-145 by C/EBP-ß through the Akt pathway in cancer cells. Nucleic Acids Res 40:6683-92 (2012). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 22495929