Key features and details
- Selective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
- CAS Number: 169590-42-5
- Soluble in DMSO to 25 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCelecoxib (Celebrex), cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor
DescriptionSelective cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) inhibitor. Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug.
Selective COX-2 inhibitor (IC50 values are 15 and 0.04 μM for COX-1 and COX-2 respectively). Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug. Enhances tumor cell apoptosis in vivo. Orally active.
Storage instructionsStore at Room Temperature. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 25 mM and in ethanol to 50 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab141988 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Dey R & Bishayi B TLR-2 neutralization potentiates microglial M1 to M2 switching by the combinatorial treatment of ciprofloxacin and dexamethasone during S. aureus infection. J Neuroimmunol 344:577262 (2020). PubMed: 32450430
- Naji S et al. Cadmium Induces Migration of Colon Cancer Cells: Roles of Reactive Oxygen Species, P38 and Cyclooxygenase-2. Cell Physiol Biochem 52:1517-1534 (2019). PubMed: 31120230
- Chen L et al. L161982 alleviates collagen-induced arthritis in mice by increasing Treg cells and down-regulating Interleukin-17 and monocyte-chemoattractant protein-1 levels. BMC Musculoskelet Disord 18:462 (2017). PubMed: 29145862