Key features and details
- Suitable for: Blocking
Product nameCELF-6 peptide
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab202757 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
Blocking - Blocking peptide for Anti-CELF-6 antibody [EPR10155] (ab173282)
This is the blocking peptide for ab173282
- First try to dissolve a small amount of peptide in either water or buffer. The more charged residues on a peptide, the more soluble it is in aqueous solutions.
- If the peptide doesn’t dissolve try an organic solvent e.g. DMSO, then dilute using water or buffer.
- Consider that any solvent used must be compatible with your assay. If a peptide does not dissolve and you need to recover it, lyophilise to remove the solvent.
- Gentle warming and sonication can effectively aid peptide solubilisation. If the solution is cloudy or has gelled the peptide may be in suspension rather than solubilised.
- Peptides containing cysteine are easily oxidised, so should be prepared in solution just prior to use.
Previously labelled as BRUNOL6.
Concentration information loading...
Preparation and Storage
Stability and Storage
Shipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C.
- bruno like 6, RNA binding protein
- Bruno like 6, RNA binding protein (Drosophila)
FunctionRNA-binding protein implicated in the regulation of pre-mRNA alternative splicing. Mediates exon inclusion and/or exclusion in pre-mRNA that are subject to tissue-specific and developmentally regulated alternative splicing. Specifically activates exon 5 inclusion of TNNT2 in a muscle-specific splicing enhancer (MSE)-dependent manner. Promotes also exon exclusion of INSR pre-mRNA.
Tissue specificityExpressed mainly in kidney, brain and testis and present in other tissues albeit at lower levels. Also expressed in fetal kidney.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the CELF/BRUNOL family.
Contains 3 RRM (RNA recognition motif) domains.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Cytoplasm.
- Information by UniProt
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab202757 has not yet been referenced specifically in any publications.