Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Detection method: Fluorescent
- Platform: Flow cytometer
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameCell Cycle Assay Kit (Fluorometric - Red)
See all Cell Cycle kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
ab112117 is designed to monitor cell cycle progression and proliferation by using our proprietary Nuclear Red CCS1 in fixed cells. The dye passes through a permeabilized membrane and intercalates into cellular DNA. The signal intensity of Nuclear Red CCS1 is directly proportional to DNA content after RNA is degraded by RNase provided in the kit. The percentage of cells in a given sample that are in G0/G1, S and G2/M phases, as well as the cells in the sub-G1 phase prior to apoptosis can be monitored with a flow cytometer at Ex/Em = 490/620 nm (FL2 channel).
Visit our FAQs page for tips and troubleshooting.
Store ab112117 desiccated.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 100 tests 100X RNase A 1 x 250µl Assay Buffer 1 x 50ml Nuclear Red CCS1 1 x 250µl
ab112117 has been referenced in 2 publications.
- Arabsorkhi Z et al. miR-298 plays a pivotal role in colon cancer invasiveness by targeting PTEN. J Cell Physiol 235:4335-4350 (2020). PubMed: 31621072
- Parada CA et al. Kinome and phosphoproteome of high-grade meningiomas reveal AKAP12 as a central regulator of aggressiveness and its possible role in progression. Sci Rep 8:2098 (2018). Functional Studies . PubMed: 29391485