Product nameCell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Deep Red Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all Cell viability/proliferation kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Other species
Predicted to work with: Mammals
Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Deep Red Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab176736) is a powerful tool to analyze heterogeneous cell populations where multicolor analysis is required. This reagent is designed to label cells at Em = 628-643 nm excited with a red laser at Ex = 633 nm.
The CytoLabeling Red Reagent dye contained in this kit is functionally similar to CFSE and can be used for the multicolor applications where either GFP or FITC-labeled antibody is used, since the CytoLabeling Reagents staining reagents have either excitation and emission spectra distinct from CFSE and its fluorescein analogs.
Main features of CytoLabeling Deep Red Reagent:
- It eliminates the dye efflux drawback associated with CFSE
- It is compatible with the cell culture medium in the staining cells prior analysis - no washing required
- It is retained up to 9 generations after staining
- Fluorescence is preserved upon formaldehyde fixation
This product can be used for imaging or flow cytometric analysis.
Uniform labeling of live cells with a dye containing a cell-retaining group to allow retention in proliferating cells. It enables multicolor labeling and functional analysis of live cells in combination with other fluorochromes. The dye is retained for up to 9 generations after staining.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests 1000 tests CytoLabeling Red Reagent 1 vial 1 x 2 vials
RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
- Cell Cytotoxicity
- cell tracking
Emission and Excitation spectra for CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Red Fluorescence (ab176736).
Cell tracking assay with CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Red Fluorescence (ab176736). Jurkat cells (2x106 cells/mL) were stained with ab176736 on Day 0. The cells were passed serially at 1:1 ratio for 11 days. Fluorescence intensity was measured with a flow cytometer in FL1 channel on the day after passage. Successive generations were represented by different colors.
ab176736 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Elowsson Rendin L et al. Matrisome Properties of Scaffolds Direct Fibroblasts in Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis. Int J Mol Sci 20:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31426504
- Steinmann S et al. DAPK1 loss triggers tumor invasion in colorectal tumor cells. Cell Death Dis 10:895 (2019). PubMed: 31772156
- Muenzner JK et al. Generation and characterization of hepatocellular carcinoma cell lines with enhanced cancer stem cell potential. J Cell Mol Med 22:6238-6248 (2018). PubMed: 30280520