Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Platform: Flow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameCell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all Cell viability/proliferation kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab176735) is a powerful tool to analyze heterogeneous cell populations where multicolor analysis is required. The CytoLabeling Green Reagent is designed to label cells at Em = 511-525 nm excited with a blue laser at Ex = 488 nm.
The CytoLabeling Green Reagent dye contained in this kit is functionally similar to CFSE and can be used for the multicolor applications where either GFP or FITC-labeled antibody is used.
Main features of CytoLabeling Green Reagent:
- It eliminates the dye efflux drawback associated with CFSE
- It is compatible with the cell culture medium in the staining cells prior analysis - no washing required
- It is retained up to 9 generations after staining
- Fluorescence is preserved upon formaldehyde fixation
This product can be used for imaging or flow cytometric analysis.
Uniform labeling of live cells with a dye containing a cell-retaining group to allow retention in proliferating cells. It enables multicolor labeling and functional analysis of live cells in combination with other fluorochromes. The dye is retained for up to 9 generations after staining.
PlatformFlow cytometer, Fluorescence microscope
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests 1000 tests CytoLabeling Green Reagent 1 vial 2 vials
RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
- Cell Cytotoxicity
- cell tracking
Emission and Excitation spectra for CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent – Green Fluorescence (ab176735).
Cell tracking assay with CytoPainter Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Green Fluorescence (ab176735) and CFSE. Jurkat cells (2x106 cells/mL) were stained with ab176735 or CFSE (0.5 µM) on Day 0. The cells were passed serially at 1:1 ratio for 9 days. Fluorescence intensity was measured with a flow cytometer in FL1 channel on the day after passage. Successive generations were represented by different colors.
ab176735 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Nassour J et al. Autophagic cell death restricts chromosomal instability during replicative crisis. Nature 565:659-663 (2019). PubMed: 30675059