Key features and details
- Assay type: Cell-based (quantitative)
- Platform: Flow cytometer
- Sample type: Adherent cells, Suspension cells
Product nameCell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Orange Fluorescence - Cytopainter
See all Cell viability/proliferation kits
Sample typeAdherent cells, Suspension cells
Assay typeCell-based (quantitative)
Species reactivityReacts with: Mammals, Other species
Cell Proliferation Staining Reagent - Orange Fluorescence | Cytopainter (ab176737) is a powerful tool to analyze heterogeneous cell populations where multicolor analysis is required. This reagent is designed to label cells at Em = 542-556 nm excited with a blue laser at Ex = 488 nm or with a green laser at Ex = 531 nm.
The CytoLabeling Orange Reagent dye contained in this kit is functionally similar to CFSE and can be used for the multicolor applications where either GFP or FITC-labeled antibody is used, since the CytoLabeling Reagents staining reagents have either excitation and emission spectra distinct from CFSE and its fluorescein analogs.
Main features of CytoLabeling Orange Reagent:
- It eliminates the dye efflux drawback associated with CFSE
- It is compatible with the cell culture medium in the staining cells prior analysis - no washing required
- It is retained up to 9 generations after staining
- Fluorescence is preserved upon formaldehyde fixation
This product can be used for imaging or flow cytometric analysis.
Uniform labeling of live cells with a dye containing a cell-retaining group to allow retention in proliferating cells. It enables multicolor labeling and functional analysis of live cells in combination with other fluorochromes. The dye is retained for up to 9 generations after staining.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components 500 tests 1000 tests CytoLabeling Orange Reagent 1 vial 2 vials
RelevanceCell proliferation is the multiplication or reproduction of cells, as a result of cell growth and cell division, resulting in the expansion of a cell population.
- Cell Cytotoxicity
- cell tracking
ab176737 has been referenced in 1 publication.
- Jazayeri SD et al. HPV16-E7-Specific Activated CD8 T Cells in E7 Transgenic Skin and Skin Grafts. Front Immunol 8:524 (2017). PubMed: 28523003