Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cellubrevin
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Rat
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cellubrevin antibody
See all Cellubrevin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cellubrevin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IF, IP, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Rat
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat Cellubrevin aa 1-100 conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
- ab43080 gave a positive signal in the following Tissue Lysates: Mouse Brain (Data not shown), Mouse Testis, Rat Brain and Rat Testis. It also gave a positive result in PC12 cell line. This antibody gave a positive result in IHC in the following FFPE tissue: Mouse normal brain.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab43080 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 11 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|IP||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 22936810|
|IHC-P||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
FunctionSNARE involved in vesicular transport from the late endosomes to the trans-Golgi network.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 v-SNARE coiled-coil homology domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome.
- Information by UniProt
- CEB antibody
- Cellubrevin antibody
- Synaptobrevin 3 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Cellubrevin antibody (ab43080) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Testis (Mouse) Mouse Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Brain (Rat) Rat Tissue Lysate
Lane 3 : Testis (Rat) Tissue Lysate - normal tissue (ab29388)
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : IRDye 680 Conjugated Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG (H+L) at 1/10000 dilution
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 11 kDa
Observed band size: 13 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 48 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
ICC/IF image of ab43080 stained PC12 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab43080, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
IHC image of Cellubrevin staining in Mouse normal testes formalin fixed paraffin embedded tissue section, performed on a Leica BondTM system using the standard protocol F. The section was pre-treated using heat mediated antigen retrieval with sodium citrate buffer (pH6, epitope retrieval solution 1) for 20 mins. The section was then incubated with ab43080, 5µg/ml, for 15 mins at room temperature and detected using an HRP conjugated compact polymer system. DAB was used as the chromogen. The section was then counterstained with haematoxylin and mounted with DPX.
For other IHC staining systems (automated and non-automated) customers should optimize variable parameters such as antigen retrieval conditions, primary antibody concentration and antibody incubation times.
ab43080 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Vashi N et al. Ca2+-dependent Focal Exocytosis of Golgi-derived Vesicles Helps Phagocytic Uptake in Macrophages. J Biol Chem 292:5144-5165 (2017). PubMed: 28174296
- Ligeon LA et al. Role of VAMP3 and VAMP7 in the commitment of Yersinia pseudotuberculosis to LC3-associated pathways involving single- or double-membrane vacuoles. Autophagy 10:1588-602 (2014). PubMed: 25046114
- Garcia EA et al. Characterization of SNARE proteins in human pituitary adenomas: targeted secretion inhibitors as a new strategy for the treatment of acromegaly? J Clin Endocrinol Metab 98:E1918-26 (2013). PubMed: 24152687
- Schwenk RW et al. Overexpression of Vesicle-associated Membrane Protein (VAMP) 3, but Not VAMP2, Protects Glucose Transporter (GLUT) 4 Protein Translocation in an in Vitro Model of Cardiac Insulin Resistance. J Biol Chem 287:37530-9 (2012). WB, IP ; Rat . PubMed: 22936810
- Mendez M et al. Vesicle-associated Membrane Protein-2 (VAMP2) Mediates cAMP-stimulated Renin Release in Mouse Juxtaglomerular Cells. J Biol Chem 286:28608-18 (2011). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 21708949