Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Cellubrevin
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Cellubrevin antibody
See all Cellubrevin primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Cellubrevin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat
- In Western Blot HeLa cell extract (ab7898) can be used as a positive control.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.05% Sodium azide
Constituents: 99% PBS, 0.1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Primary antibody notesThe vesicle associated membrane proteins (VAMP) or synaptobrevins are calcium binding proteins specific to eukaryotes. VAMPs, along with synaptosomal associated protein of 25 kDa (SNAP-25) and syntaxin, form the core complex of soluble NSF attachment protein receptor (SNARE) proteins that interact with the soluble proteins N-ethylmaleimide-sensitive factor (NSF) and alpha-SNAP. These membrane associated proteins play a key role in the regulation of vesicle membrane fusion with the plasma membrane. The Clostridium tetani neurotoxin is a metalloprotease with specificity for VAMP. In Alzheimer’s disease, all VAMP isoform levels appear to be significantly reduced.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab5789 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/500. Detects a band of approximately 13 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 12 kDa).|
FunctionSNARE involved in vesicular transport from the late endosomes to the trans-Golgi network.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the synaptobrevin family.
Contains 1 v-SNARE coiled-coil homology domain.
modificationsPhosphorylated upon DNA damage, probably by ATM or ATR.
Cellular localizationMembrane. Cell junction > synapse > synaptosome.
- Information by UniProt
- CEB antibody
- Cellubrevin antibody
- Synaptobrevin 3 antibody
ab5789 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Lasic E et al. Astrocyte Specific Remodeling of Plasmalemmal Cholesterol Composition by Ketamine Indicates a New Mechanism of Antidepressant Action. Sci Rep 9:10957 (2019). PubMed: 31358895
- Habtemichael EN et al. Usp25m protease regulates ubiquitin-like processing of TUG proteins to control GLUT4 glucose transporter translocation in adipocytes. J Biol Chem 293:10466-10486 (2018). PubMed: 29773651
- Verboogen DRJ et al. Secretory vesicles of immune cells contain only a limited number of interleukin 6 molecules. FEBS Lett 592:1535-1544 (2018). PubMed: 29570778
- Verboogen DRJ et al. Fluorescence Lifetime Imaging Microscopy reveals rerouting of SNARE trafficking driving dendritic cell activation. Elife 6:N/A (2017). WB, ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 28524818
- Caceres PS et al. Vesicle-associated membrane protein 2 (VAMP2) but Not VAMP3 mediates cAMP-stimulated trafficking of the renal Na+-K+-2Cl- co-transporter NKCC2 in thick ascending limbs. J Biol Chem 289:23951-62 (2014). WB ; Rat . PubMed: 25008321