Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Centrin 1
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse, Dog, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Centrin 1 antibody
See all Centrin 1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Centrin 1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Dog, Human
Predicted to work with: Xenopus laevis, Drosophila melanogaster
Synthetic peptide conjugated to KLH, corresponding to amino acids 157-172 of Human Centrin 1, with N-terminally added lysine. This sequence is highly conserved in centrin 1 of many species, e.g. mouse, drosophila, and Xenopus. It is also found in human and mouse centrin 2, but is not found in centrin 3.
- HeLa cell line.
General notesStorage in frost-free freezers is not recommended. If slight turbidity occurs upon prolonged storage, clarify the solution by centrifugation before use.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.097% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.0268% PBS, 1% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesAnti-centrin is affinity purified using the immunizing peptide immobilized on agarose.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab11257 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||1/2000. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa. 1/2000, this concentration is recommended using a nuclear extract of the human epitheloid carcinoma HeLa cell line. Predicted molecular weight: 21 kDa.|
|ICC/IF||1/200. PubMed: 17299043
Suggested working dilution of 1/200 (see PMID: 17299043).
Methanol fixation may be preferable for this antibody based on publications and customer feedback.
FunctionPlays a fundamental role in microtubule-organizing center structure and function.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the centrin family.
Contains 4 EF-hand domains.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm > cytoskeleton > centrosome. Centrosome of interphase and mitotic cells.
- Information by UniProt
- Caltractin antibody
- Caltractin isoform 2 antibody
- CEN 1 antibody
ab11257 staining Centrin 1 in mouse embryonic fibroblast cells by Immunocytochemistry/ Immunofluorescence. Cells were fixed with Ethanol (-200C) and blocking with 3% BSA/PBS was done for 30 minutes at 220C. Samples were incubated with primary antibody (1/500) in in 3% BSA /0.1 % saponin/PBS for 1 hour at RT. An undiluted Alexa Fluor®546-conjugated donkey polyclonal to goat IgG (H&L) was used at dilution at 1/500 as secondary antibody. In the image, Green staining represents gamma tubulin, red - centrin.
ab11257 has been referenced in 28 publications.
- Nardi F et al. DGAT1 Inhibitor Suppresses Prostate Tumor Growth and Migration by Regulating Intracellular Lipids and Non-Centrosomal MTOC Protein GM130. Sci Rep 9:3035 (2019). PubMed: 30816200
- Plessner M et al. Centrosomal Actin Assembly Is Required for Proper Mitotic Spindle Formation and Chromosome Congression. iScience 15:274-281 (2019). PubMed: 31096079
- Karole AM et al. Novel sub-cellular localizations and intra-molecular interactions may define new functions of Mixed Lineage Leukemia protein. Cell Cycle 17:2684-2696 (2018). PubMed: 30489191
- Dinçer T et al. Analysis of centrosome and DNA damage response in PLK4 associated Seckel syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet 25:1118-1125 (2017). PubMed: 28832566
- Godfroy O et al. DISTAG/TBCCd1 Is Required for Basal Cell Fate Determination inEctocarpus. Plant Cell 29:3102-3122 (2017). PubMed: 29208703