Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CEP170
- Suitable for: ICC, WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CEP170 antibody
See all CEP170 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CEP170
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC, WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Cow, Chimpanzee
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residue 1534 and the C-teriminus (residue 1584) of human CEP170 (NP_055627.2)
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 6.8
Preservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesab72505 was affinity purified using an epitope specific to CEP170 immobilized on solid support.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72505 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
|WB||1/2000 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 220 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 176 kDa).|
|IP||Use at 2-5 µg/mg of lysate.|
RelevanceCEP170, centrosomal protein 170kDa, plays a role in microtubule organization. During interphase, the encoded protein localizes to the sub-distal appendages of mature centrioles, which are microtubule-based structures thought to help organize centrosomes. During mitosis, the protein associates with spindle microtubules near the centrosomes.
Cellular localizationCentrosome, centriole. Cytoplasm, cytoskeleton. Associated with the mature mother centriole. Associated with spindle microtubules during mitosis.
- XRCC5 binding protein antibody
- 4933426L22Rik antibody
- A330004A13Rik antibody
Immunocytochemistry/Immunofluorescence analysis of NBF-fixed asynchronous HeLa cells labelling CEP170 with ab72505 at 1/200. A red-fluorescent goat anti-rabbit IgG (1/100) was used as the secondary antibody.
All lanes : Anti-CEP170 antibody (ab72505) at 0.04 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Predicted band size: 176 kDa
Observed band size: 220 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
Additional bands at: 65 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
Detection of CEP170 by Western Blot of Immunprecipitate.
ab72505 at 1µg/ml staining CEP170 in HeLa whole cell lysate immunoprecipitated using ab72505 at 3µg/mg lysate (1 mg/IP; 20% of IP loaded/lane).
Detection: Chemiluminescence with exposure time of 30 seconds.
ab72505 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Chong WM et al. Super-resolution microscopy reveals coupling between mammalian centriole subdistal appendages and distal appendages. Elife 9:N/A (2020). PubMed: 32242819
- Song K et al. A SEPT1-based scaffold is required for Golgi integrity and function. J Cell Sci 132:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30709970
- Lin JR et al. Highly multiplexed immunofluorescence imaging of human tissues and tumors using t-CyCIF and conventional optical microscopes. Elife 7:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29993362
- Bärenz F et al. Ccdc61 controls centrosomal localization of Cep170 and is required for spindle assembly and symmetry. Mol Biol Cell N/A:mbcE18020115 (2018). PubMed: 30354798
- Shumilov A et al. Epstein-Barr virus particles induce centrosome amplification and chromosomal instability. Nat Commun 8:14257 (2017). PubMed: 28186092
- Yu TW et al. Mutations in WDR62, encoding a centrosome-associated protein, cause microcephaly with simplified gyri and abnormal cortical architecture. Nat Genet 42:1015-20 (2010). ICC/IF ; Human . PubMed: 20890278