For the best experience on the Abcam website please upgrade to a modern browser such as Google Chrome
If you continue without changing your cookie settings, we'll assume you’re happy with this.
I am interested in cat # ab85728.
Can you clarify whether this Ab cross-reacts with mouse or is human-specific?
Asked on Apr 10 2012
Thank you very much for your interest in Anti-CEP290 antibodyab85728.
To our knowledge, ab85728 is specific for the human CEP290, but has not been tested in mouse yet. However, the immunogen shares a sequence similarity of 78% with the murine orthologue (SwissProt ID Q6A078), and thus a cross-reactivity cannot be excluded.
If you are interested in finding an CEP290 antibody that also cross-reacts with mouse,I can recommend either testing ab85728 or one of our other CEP290 antibodies, for example ab110053.
https://www.abcam.com/index.html?datasheet=110053 (or use the following: https://www.abcam.com/index.html?datasheet=110053).
We also have ab128231 available, which is guaranteed to work with mouse and might cross-react with human due to sequence similarity: https://www.abcam.com/index.html?datasheet=128231 (or use the following: https://www.abcam.com/index.html?datasheet=128231).
For each of these I can offer a discount off a future purchase if you buy the antibody now, test it in mouse (or human, for ab128231)and submit feedback to us in the form of an Abreview. It doesn’t matter whether the Abreview is positive or negative, we would just really like to receive your feedback. The discount would be to the value of 1 free primary antibody.
If you are interested in this offer, please follow these steps:
1. Reply to this e-mail to let me know that you would like to proceed andwhich antibody you would like to test in mouse.I will then send a discount code. This code must be issued before purchasingthe antibodyso please wait for my reply before ordering.
2. Purchase the antibody either by phone, fax, or online (www.abcam.com).
3. Test it in mouse (or human).
4. Let us know the results, positive or negative, using our Abreview system (this will take about 10 minutes and images are great if you have them!). To find out more about our Abreview system, please visit: https://www.abcam.com/abreviews
5. After the review is submitted to us, the discount code becomes active. Simply place your new order by phone, fax, or on the web and mention the discount code. The discount can be redeemed for any primary antibody ordered and the discount code is valid for 4 months after issue.
We are always pleased to obtain feedback about our products and any information is greatly appreciated! Even if the antibody turns out to be unsuitable for mouse, you will still receive the discount on your next purchase after your Abreview has been submitted.
Please let me know if you have any questions about this offer and I would be happy to help you further.
The Terms and Conditions of this offer can be found at: https://www.abcam.com/collaborationdiscount
If you are on the other hand interested in an CEP290 antibody that is specific for human CEP290 and does NOT cross-react withthe murine protein (i.e. for xenograft studies), I am not sure ifab85728is the best option due to the high sequence similarity. However,I couldenquire with the originator of our CEP290 antibodieswhether we have an antibody available which has specifically been tested for cross-reactivity and does not detect the mouse CEP290. Please do let me know if this is the case, and I would be happy to investigate this for you.
I hope this information is helpful to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any more advice or information.
Answered on Apr 10 2012