Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CERT
- Suitable for: WB, IP
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CERT antibody
See all CERT primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CERT
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, IPmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Dog, Turkey, Pig, Xenopus laevis, Chimpanzee, Zebrafish, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Xenopus tropicalis
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human CERT.
Database link: NP_005704.1
Previously labelled as COL4A3BP.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 1.815% Tris, 1.764% Sodium citrate, 0.021% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
- Lipid metabolism
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72536 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
WB: 1/2500 - 1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 71 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 71 kDa).
Not yet tested in other applications.
Optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
FunctionMay mediate the intracellular trafficking of ceramide in a non-vesicular manner.
Tissue specificityWidely expressed.
Sequence similaritiesContains 1 PH domain.
Contains 1 START domain.
DomainThe START domain recognizes ceramide and mediates the intermembrane transfer of ceramide.
The PH domain targets the Golgi apparatus.
The FFAT motif is required for interaction with VAPA and VAPB.
modificationsPhosphorylation on Ser-132 decreases the affinity toward phosphatidylinositol 4-phosphate at Golgi membranes and reduces ceramide transfer activity.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm. Golgi apparatus. Endoplasmic reticulum. Preferentially localized to the Golgi apparatus.
- Information by UniProt
- Alpha 3 type IV collagen binding protein antibody
- C43BP_HUMAN antibody
- Ceramide transfer protein antibody
All lanes : Anti-CERT antibody (ab72536) at 0.1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Lane 2 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 15 µg
Lane 3 : HeLa whole cell lysate at 5 µg
Lane 4 : 293T whole cell lysate at 50 µg
Predicted band size: 71 kDa
Observed band size: 71 kDa
Additional bands at: 100 kDa, 28 kDa, 60 kDa, 70 kDa (possible isoform). We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Detection of Human CERT by Immunoprecipitation from Whole cell lysate from HeLa cells (1 mg for IP, 20% of IP loaded), using ab72536 at 3 µg/mg lysate for IP and at 1 µg/ml for subsequent Western blot detection.
ab72536 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Perreault L et al. Intracellular localization of diacylglycerols and sphingolipids influences insulin sensitivity and mitochondrial function in human skeletal muscle. JCI Insight 3:N/A (2018). PubMed: 29415895
- Yamaji T et al. Role of Intracellular Lipid Logistics in the Preferential Usage of Very Long Chain-Ceramides in Glucosylceramide. Int J Mol Sci 17:N/A (2016). Human . PubMed: 27775668
- Sin AT & Harrison RE Growth of the Mammalian Golgi Apparatus during Interphase. Mol Cell Biol 36:2344-59 (2016). Flow Cyt . PubMed: 27325676
- Burgett AW et al. Natural products reveal cancer cell dependence on oxysterol-binding proteins. Nat Chem Biol 7:639-47 (2011). WB ; Human . PubMed: 21822274