Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CFTR
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CFTR antibody
See all CFTR primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CFTR
SpecificityThis antibody detects endogenous levels of total CFTR protein.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Synthesized non-phosphopeptide derived from human CFTR around the phosphorylation site of serine 737.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Constituents: PBS, 50% Glycerol (glycerin, glycerine), 0.87% Sodium chloride
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Purification notesThe antibody was affinity-purified from rabbit antiserum by affinity-chromatography using epitope-specific immunogen.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab59394 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/50 - 1/100.|
FunctionInvolved in the transport of chloride ions. May regulate bicarbonate secretion and salvage in epithelial cells by regulating the SLC4A7 transporter.
Tissue specificityFound on the surface of the epithelial cells that line the lungs and other organs.
Involvement in diseaseDefects in CFTR are the cause of cystic fibrosis (CF) [MIM:219700]; also known as mucoviscidosis. CF is the most common genetic disease in the Caucasian population, with a prevalence of about 1 in 2'000 live births. Inheritance is autosomal recessive. CF is a common generalized disorder of exocrine gland function which impairs clearance of secretions in a variety of organs. It is characterized by the triad of chronic bronchopulmonary disease (with recurrent respiratory infections), pancreatic insufficiency (which leads to malabsorption and growth retardation) and elevated sweat electrolytes.
Defects in CFTR are the cause of congenital bilateral absence of the vas deferens (CBAVD) [MIM:277180]. CBAVD is an important cause of sterility in men and could represent an incomplete form of cystic fibrosis, as the majority of men suffering from cystic fibrosis lack the vas deferens.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the ABC transporter superfamily. ABCC family. CFTR transporter (TC 3.A.1.202) subfamily.
Contains 2 ABC transmembrane type-1 domains.
Contains 2 ABC transporter domains.
DomainThe PDZ-binding motif mediates interactions with GOPC and with the SLC4A7, SLC9A3R1/EBP50 complex.
modificationsPhosphorylated; activates the channel. It is not clear whether PKC phosphorylation itself activates the channel or permits activation by phosphorylation at PKA sites.
Ubiquitinated, leading to its degradation in the lysosome. Deubiquitination by USP10 in early endosomes, enhances its endocytic recycling.
Cellular localizationEarly endosome membrane.
- Information by UniProt
- ABC 35 antibody
- ABC35 antibody
- ABCC 7 antibody
ab59394 has been referenced in 4 publications.
- Yoshie S et al. Functional characterization of various channel-expressing central airway epithelial cells from mouse induced pluripotent stem cells. J Cell Physiol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 30714154
- Matsui S et al. Characterization of Peribiliary Gland-Constituting Cells Based on Differential Expression of Trophoblast Cell Surface Protein 2 in Biliary Tract. Am J Pathol 188:2059-2073 (2018). PubMed: 30126547
- Liu Y et al. Cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator mediates tenogenic differentiation of tendon-derived stem cells and tendon repair: accelerating tendon injury healing by intervening in its downstream signaling. FASEB J 31:3800-3815 (2017). PubMed: 28495756
- Brennan SC et al. The extracellular calcium-sensing receptor regulates human fetal lung development via CFTR. Sci Rep 6:21975 (2016). PubMed: 26911344