Key features and details
- Assay type: Quantitative
- Detection method: Colorimetric
- Platform: Microplate reader
- Assay time: 3 hr
- Sample type: Cell culture media, Cell Lysate, Other biological fluids, Plasma, Serum, Tissue Extracts, Urine
- Sensitivity: 0.008 µM
Product namecGMP Assay Kit - Direct Immunoassay
Sample typeUrine, Serum, Plasma, Other biological fluids, Tissue Extracts, Cell Lysate, Cell culture media
Sensitivity> 0.008 µM
Range0.008 µM - 2 µM
Assay time3h 00m
cGMP Assay Kit ab65356 provides a direct competitive immunoassay for sensitive and quantitative determination of cGMP level in biological samples.
The cGMP assay protocol uses the recombinant Protein G coated plate to anchor cGMP polyclonal antibody. cGMP-HRP conjugates directly competes with cGMP from samples for binding to the cGMP specific antibody on the plate. After incubation and washing, the amount of cGMP-HRP bound to plate can easily be determined by reading OD450nm. The intensity of OD450nm is inversely proportional to the concentration of cGMP in samples.
The kit provides a new acetylation procedure that improves detection signal significantly. The kit can detect 0.04-10 pmol/well (0.008-2 µM) cGMP samples.
Previously called cGMP Direct Immunoassay Kit.
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Please refer to protocols.
Storage bufferPreservative: None
Components Identifier 100 tests 10X cGMP Assay Buffer WM 1 x 25ml Acetylating Reagent A Violet 1 x 750µl Acetylating Reagent B Black 1 x 1.5ml Anti-cGMP pAb/BSA Red 1 vial cGMP-HRP/BSA Green 1 vial HRP Developer Amber 1 x 10ml Neutralizing Buffer NM 1 x 7.5ml Protein G Coated Plate 1 pack Standard cGMP (10 nmol) Yellow 1 vial
RelevanceCyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) is a cyclic nucleotide derived from guanosine triphosphate (GTP). It serves as a second messenger in a manner similar to that observed with cAMP. Peptide hormones, such as the natriuretic factors, activate receptors that are associated with membrane-bound guanylate cyclase (GC). Receptor activation of GC leads to the conversion of GTP to cGMP. Nitric oxide (NO) also stimulates cGMP production by activating soluble GC, perhaps by binding to the heme moiety of the enzyme. Similar to cAMP, cGMP mediates most of its intracellular effects through the activation of specific cGMP dependent protein kinases (PKG).
- Cyclic GMP
- Cyclic guanosine monophosphate
- Guanosine 3’ 5’ cyclic monophosphate
ab65356 has been referenced in 13 publications.
- Gao ML et al. Patient-Specific Retinal Organoids Recapitulate Disease Features of Late-Onset Retinitis Pigmentosa. Front Cell Dev Biol 8:128 (2020). PubMed: 32211407
- He W et al. Alterations in the phosphodiesterase type 5 pathway and oxidative stress correlate with erectile function in spontaneously hypertensive rats. J Cell Mol Med 24:14280-14292 (2020). PubMed: 33118708
- Zhang N et al. Dapagliflozin improves left ventricular remodeling and aorta sympathetic tone in a pig model of heart failure with preserved ejection fraction. Cardiovasc Diabetol 18:107 (2019). PubMed: 31429767
- Cheval L et al. ANP-stimulated Na+ secretion in the collecting duct prevents Na+ retention in the renal adaptation to acid load. Am J Physiol Renal Physiol 317:F435-F443 (2019). PubMed: 31188029
- Suganya N et al. Establishment of pancreatic microenvironment model of ER stress: Quercetin attenuates ß-cell apoptosis by invoking nitric oxide-cGMP signaling in endothelial cells. J Nutr Biochem 55:142-156 (2018). PubMed: 29455095