Key features and details
- Mouse monoclonal  to CGRP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG2a
Product nameAnti-CGRP antibody 
See all CGRP primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse monoclonal  to CGRP
Specificityab81887 is specific for Calcitonin Gene Related Peptide. It also recognizes rat beta CGRP and human alpha CGRP (10 fold less sensitivity compared to rat alpha CGRP).
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IFmore details
Unsuitable for: WB
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Predicted to work with: Mammals
- Dorsal root ganglia, pancreas and gut.
This antibody is an excellent tool for immunohistochemistry and for multiple labeling immunofluorescence of peripheral tissue like stomach, intestine, pancreas, sensory ganglia, and all the regions of the body that are innervated by primary afferent neurons as well as central nervous tissue.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.50
Constituents: 0.01% BSA, 50% Glycerol, 0.87% Sodium chloride, 0.238% HEPES
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein G purified
Primary antibody notesThis antibody is an excellent tool for immunohistochemistry and for multiple labeling immunofluorescence of peripheral tissue like stomach, intestine, pancreas, sensory ganglia, and all the regions of the body that are innervated by primary afferent neurons as well as central nervous tissue.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab81887 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/50 - 1/100.|
RelevanceCGRP is present in C-cells of the thyroid and in central and peripheral nerves. CGRP has several important physiologic roles: it is a potent vasodilator, and can affect the force and rate of heart beat; it can modulate acetylcholine receptor function at the neuromuscular junction; it has been demonstrated to block tolerance to morphine; and it can modulate antigen presentation in Langerhans cells in the skin.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum and Secreted
- Calcitonin/calcitonin related polypeptide alpha antibody
- Alpha type CGRP antibody
- Beta type CGRP antibody
ab81887 has been referenced in 60 publications.
- Evdokimov D et al. Characterization of dermal skin innervation in fibromyalgia syndrome. PLoS One 15:e0227674 (2020). PubMed: 31929578
- Chen H et al. Prostaglandin E2 mediates sensory nerve regulation of bone homeostasis. Nat Commun 10:181 (2019). PubMed: 30643142
- Kaestner CL et al. Immunohistochemical analysis of the mouse celiac ganglion: An integrative relay station of the peripheral nervous system. J Comp Neurol N/A:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31021409
- Wang YL et al. Electroacupuncture relieved visceral and referred hindpaw hypersensitivity in colitis rats by inhibiting tyrosine hydroxylase expression in the sixth lumbar dorsal root ganglia. Neuropeptides 77:101957 (2019). PubMed: 31400959
- Zhu G et al. Effects of chronic lead exposure on the sympathoexcitatory response associated with the P2X7 receptor in rat superior cervical ganglia. Auton Neurosci 219:33-41 (2019). PubMed: 31122599