Key features and details
- Sheep polyclonal to CGRP
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-FoFr
- Reacts with: Rat, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CGRP antibody
See all CGRP primary antibodies
DescriptionSheep polyclonal to CGRP
SpecificityOn rat spinal cord immunostaining may be abolished by preincubation with 10nmol CGRP (rat alpha) per mL diluted antiserum. Neither substance P nor galanin have any effect on immunostaining when used at 10nmol/mL diluted antiserum. It is believed that ab22560 cross-reacts with all known forms of rat and human CGRP.
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, IHC-FoFrmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Rat, Human
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Rat CGRP conjugated to Keyhole Limpet Haemocyanin (KLH).
- Rat spinal cord.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.1% Sodium azide
Concentration information loading...
Purification notesThe antiserum has been partially purified by caprylic acid and ammonium sulphate precipitation.
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab22560 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use at an assay dependent concentration. PubMed: 24042033|
|IHC-FoFr||1/2000 - 1/4000.|
RelevanceCGRP is present in C-cells of the thyroid and in central and peripheral nerves. CGRP has several important physiologic roles: it is a potent vasodilator, and can affect the force and rate of heart beat; it can modulate acetylcholine receptor function at the neuromuscular junction; it has been demonstrated to block tolerance to morphine; and it can modulate antigen presentation in Langerhans cells in the skin.
Cellular localizationEndoplasmic reticulum and Secreted
- Calcitonin/calcitonin related polypeptide alpha antibody
- Alpha type CGRP antibody
- Beta type CGRP antibody
ab22560 has been referenced in 17 publications.
- Rice FL et al. The evolution and multi-molecular properties of NF1 cutaneous neurofibromas originating from C-fiber sensory endings and terminal Schwann cells at normal sites of sensory terminations in the skin. PLoS One 14:e0216527 (2019). PubMed: 31107888
- Acton D et al. Spinal Neuropeptide Y1 Receptor-Expressing Neurons Form an Essential Excitatory Pathway for Mechanical Itch. Cell Rep 28:625-639.e6 (2019). PubMed: 31315043
- Moye LS et al. The development of a mouse model of mTBI-induced post-traumatic migraine, and identification of the delta opioid receptor as a novel therapeutic target. Cephalalgia 39:77-90 (2019). PubMed: 29771142
- Wang D et al. Functional Divergence of Delta and Mu Opioid Receptor Organization in CNS Pain Circuits. Neuron 98:90-108.e5 (2018). PubMed: 29576387
- Ozawa A et al. Analysis of the distribution of spinal NOP receptors in a chronic pain model using NOP-eGFP knock-in mice. Br J Pharmacol 175:2662-2675 (2018). PubMed: 29582417