Key features and details
- Potent, selective A2A agonist
- CAS Number: 124182-57-6
- Purity: > 96%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCGS 21680, A2A agonist
DescriptionPotent, selective A2A agonist
Potent, selective A2A agonist (Ki = 23 nM). Hypotensive in vivo. Also delays motor performance deterioration and prevents reduction of brain weight in Huntington's disease model.
Chemical name2-p-(2-Carboxyethyl)phenethylamino-5'-N-ethylcarboxamidoadenosine hydrochloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120453 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Xu K et al. Adenosine from a biologic source regulates neutrophil extracellular traps (NETs). J Leukoc Biol 105:1225-1234 (2019). PubMed: 30907983
- Fujimoto K et al. Adenosine Attenuates Aortic Smooth Muscle Cell Calcification through A3 Adenosine Receptor. Tohoku J Exp Med 249:275-283 (2019). PubMed: 31875581
- Liu Y et al. Adenosine A2A receptor agonist ameliorates EAE and correlates with Th1 cytokine-induced blood brain barrier dysfunction via suppression of MLCK signaling pathway. Immun Inflamm Dis 6:72-80 (2018). PubMed: 29027376
- Li YF et al. Caffeine Protects Skin from Oxidative Stress-Induced Senescence through the Activation of Autophagy. Theranostics 8:5713-5730 (2018). PubMed: 30555576
- Kawamura M et al. Tissue-engineered smooth muscle cell and endothelial progenitor cell bi-level cell sheets prevent progression of cardiac dysfunction, microvascular dysfunction, and interstitial fibrosis in a rodent model of type 1 diabetes-induced cardiomyopathy. Cardiovasc Diabetol 16:142 (2017). PubMed: 29096622