Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CHAC1
- Suitable for: WB
- Reacts with: Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CHAC1 antibody
See all CHAC1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CHAC1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WBmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Predicted to work with: Mouse, Rat, Rabbit, Horse, Chicken, Guinea pig, Cow, Cat, Dog, Pig
- 721_B cell lysate
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 2% Sucrose, PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab76386 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 24 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 24 kDa). Good results were obtained when blocked with 5% non-fat dry milk in 0.05% PBS-T.|
FunctionCatalyzes the cleavage glutathione into 5-oxoproline and a Cys-Gly dipeptide. Acts specifically on glutathione, but not on other gamma-glutamyl peptides. Glutathione depletion is an important factor for apoptosis initiation and execution (PubMed:23070364). Acts as a pro-apoptotic component of the unfolded protein response pathway by mediating the pro-apoptotic effects of the ATF4-ATF3-DDIT3/CHOP cascade (PubMed:19109178). Negative regulator of Notch signaling pathway involved in embryonic neurogenesis: acts by inhibiting Notch cleavage by furin, maintaining Notch in an immature inactive form, thereby promoting neurogenesis in embryos (PubMed:22445366).
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the gamma-glutamylcyclotransferase family. ChaC subfamily.
Cellular localizationCytoplasm, cytosol. Golgi apparatus, trans-Golgi network.
- Information by UniProt
- Blocks Notch protein antibody
- Botch antibody
- Cation transport regulator like protein 1 antibody
ab76386 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Li H et al. Botch protects neurons from ischemic insult by antagonizing Notch-mediated neuroinflammation. Exp Neurol 321:113028 (2019). PubMed: 31377404
- Mei B et al. Neuroprotection of Botch in experimental intracerebral hemorrhage in rats. Oncotarget 8:95346-95360 (2017). PubMed: 29221132
- Myers SA et al. CD36 deletion improves recovery from spinal cord injury. Exp Neurol 256:25-38 (2014). PubMed: 24690303