Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to CHD8
- Suitable for: IHC-P
- Reacts with: Mouse, Human
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-CHD8 antibody
See all CHD8 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to CHD8
Tested applicationsSuitable for: IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse, Human
Predicted to work with: Rabbit, Horse, Guinea pig, Cow, Pig, Chimpanzee, Rhesus monkey, Gorilla, Orangutan, Elephant
Synthetic peptide corresponding to a region between residues 2252 and 2302 of Human CHD8 (NP_065971.2).
Concentration is optimized for IHC and not determined
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferPreservative: 0.09% Sodium azide
Constituents: 0.1% BSA, Tris buffered saline
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab84527 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|IHC-P||1/100 - 1/500.
Epitope exposure is recommended. Epitope exposure with citrate buffer will enhance staining.
FunctionDNA helicase that acts as a chromatin remodeling factor and regulates transcription. Acts as a transcription repressor by remodeling chromatin structure and recruiting histone H1 to target genes. Suppresses p53/TP53-mediated apoptosis by recruiting histone H1 and preventing p53/TP53 transactivation activity. Acts as a negative regulator of Wnt signaling pathway by regulating beta-catenin (CTNNB1) activity. Negatively regulates CTNNB1-targeted gene expression by being recruited specifically to the promoter regions of several CTNNB1 responsive genes. Involved in both enhancer blocking and epigenetic remodeling at chromatin boundary via its interaction with CTCF. Acts as a suppressor of STAT3 activity by suppressing the LIF-induced STAT3 transcriptional activity. Also acts as a transcription activator via its interaction with ZNF143 by participating to efficient U6 RNA polymerase III transcription.
Sequence similaritiesBelongs to the SNF2/RAD54 helicase family. CHD8 subfamily.
Contains 2 chromo domains.
Contains 1 helicase ATP-binding domain.
Contains 1 helicase C-terminal domain.
Cellular localizationNucleus. Localizes to the promoter regions of several CTNNB1-responsive genes. Also present at known CTCF target sites.
- Information by UniProt
- ATP dependent helicase CHD8 antibody
- ATP-dependent helicase CHD8 antibody
- Axis duplication inhibitor antibody
ab84527, at 1/100 dilution, staining CHD8 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry, using DAB staining.
ab84527, at 1/100 dilution, staining CHD8 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded human prostate carcinoma by Immunohistochemistry using DAB staining.
ab84527, at 1/100 dilution, staining CHD8 in formalin-fixed, paraffin-embedded mouse teratoma by Immunohistochemistry using DAB staining.
ab84527 has been referenced in 5 publications.
- Zhao C et al. Dual Requirement of CHD8 for Chromatin Landscape Establishment and Histone Methyltransferase Recruitment to Promote CNS Myelination and Repair. Dev Cell 45:753-768.e8 (2018). PubMed: 29920279
- Akhade VS et al. Mechanism of Wnt signaling induced down regulation of mrhl long non-coding RNA in mouse spermatogonial cells. Nucleic Acids Res 44:387-401 (2016). PubMed: 26446991
- Tahara T et al. Colorectal carcinomas with CpG island methylator phenotype 1 frequently contain mutations in chromatin regulators. Gastroenterology 146:530-538.e5 (2014). IHC-P ; Human . PubMed: 24211491
- Schulz Y et al. CHARGE and Kabuki syndromes: a phenotypic and molecular link. Hum Mol Genet N/A:N/A (2014). WB ; Human . PubMed: 24705355
- Batsukh T et al. Identification and characterization of FAM124B as a novel component of a CHD7 and CHD8 containing complex. PLoS One 7:e52640 (2012). IP ; Human . PubMed: 23285124