Key features and details
- Cell-permeable, selective protein kinase C inhibitor. Apoptosis inducer.
- CAS Number: 3895-92-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 10 mM and in water to 10 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameChelerythrine chloride, Cell-permeable protein kinase C inhibitor
DescriptionCell-permeable, selective protein kinase C inhibitor. Apoptosis inducer.
- 1,2-Dimethoxy-N-methyl(1,3)benzodioxolo(5,6-c)phenanthridinium chloride
- Toddalin chloride
Chemical name1,2-Dimethoxy-12-methyl[1,3]benzodioxolo[5,6-c]phenanthridinium chloride
Storage instructionsStore at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 10 mM and in water to 10 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Nucleotide metabolism
- Molecular processes
- Mitochondrial transcription
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120600 has been referenced in 3 publications.
- Wan KF et al. Chelerythrine induces apoptosis through a Bax/Bak-independent mitochondrial mechanism. J Biol Chem 283:8423-33 (2008). PubMed: 18230621
- Yu R et al. Activation of p38 and c-Jun N-terminal kinase pathways and induction of apoptosis by chelerythrine do not require inhibition of protein kinase C. J Biol Chem 275:9612-9 (2000). PubMed: 10734112
- Herbert JM et al. Chelerythrine is a potent and specific inhibitor of protein kinase C. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 172:993-9 (1990). PubMed: 2244923