Product nameAnti-Chemerin antibody
See all Chemerin primary antibodies
DescriptionMouse polyclonal to Chemerin
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Full length Human Chemerin protein (NP_002880.1, 1 a.a. ~ 163 a.a).
- Chemerin transfected 293T cell lysate.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Upon delivery aliquot and store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freeze / thaw cycles.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Constituent: 2.68% PBS
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Lipid and lipoprotein metabolism
Matched antibody pairs
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab72965 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 5 µg/ml.|
|WB||1/500 - 1/1000. Predicted molecular weight: 19 kDa.|
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration.|
Tissue specificityHighly expressed in skin (basal and suprabasal layers of the epidermis, hair follicles and endothelial cells). Also found in pancreas, liver, spleen, prostate, ovary, small intestine and colon.
- Information by UniProt
- HP10433 antibody
- RAR responsive protein TIG2 antibody
- RAR-responsive protein TIG2 antibody
All lanes : Anti-Chemerin antibody (ab72965) at 1/500 dilution
Lane 1 : Chemerin transfected 293T cell lysate
Lane 2 : Non-transfected 293T cell lysate
Lysates/proteins at 25 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Mouse IgG (H&L)-HRP Conjugate at 1/2500 dilution
Predicted band size: 19 kDa
Observed band size: 15 kDa why is the actual band size different from the predicted?
ICC/IF image of ab72965 stained MCF7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab72965, 5µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96879, DyLight® 488 goat anti-mouse IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
This product has been referenced in:
- Liu-Chittenden Y et al. RARRES2 functions as a tumor suppressor by promoting ß-catenin phosphorylation/degradation and inhibiting p38 phosphorylation in adrenocortical carcinoma. Oncogene 36:3541-3552 (2017). Read more (PubMed: 28114280) »
- Farsam V et al. Senescent fibroblast-derived Chemerin promotes squamous cell carcinoma migration. Oncotarget 7:83554-83569 (2016). ICC/IF ; Human . Read more (PubMed: 27907906) »