Product nameChIP Kit - One Step
See all ChIP Kit kits
Assay time5h 00m
Abcam's ChIP Kit - One Step (ab117138) enables the user to enrich a chromatin fraction containing specific DNA sequences from isolated chromatin to be able to investigate the interaction between proteins and DNA. For best result, we recommend the use of Chromatin Extraction Kit (ab117152) for sample preparation.
Protein-DNA interactions play a critical role for cellular functions such as signal transduction, gene transcription and epigenetic silencing. In mammalian cells, interactions between the DNA-binding proteins and cognate promoter sequences are primary determinants in establishing spatial and temporal expression patterns of gene that affect homeostasis, development, and adaptation.
The GAPDH primers provided with the kit are for the human sequence. If using the kit with a difference species, GAPDH primers for that species will need to be acquired.
ChIP assay products and guides
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ChIPmore details
Storage instructionsStore at +4°C. Please refer to protocols.
Components Identifier 48 tests 96 tests 10X Wash Buffer 1 x 10ml 1 x 20ml 8-Well Assay Strips (with Frame) 6 units 12 units 8-Well Strip Caps 6 units 12 units 96-Well PCR Plate 1 unit 1 unit Adhesive Covering Film 1 unit 2 units Anti-RNA Polymerase II (1 mg/ml) 1 x 8µl 1 x 16µl ChIP Buffer 1 x 6ml 1 x 12ml DNA Release Buffer ECP3 1 x 14ml 1 x 28ml GAPDH Primer - Forward (20 µM) 1 x 8µl 1 x 16µl GAPDH Primer - Reverse (20 µM) 1 x 8µl 1 x 16µl Non-Immune IgG (1 mg/ml) 1 x 10µl 1 x 20µl Proteinase K (10 mg/mL) 1 x 55µl 1 x 110µl Sonication Frame 1 unit 1 unit
sELISA pair antibody
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab117138 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ChIP||Use at an assay dependent concentration.
The GAPDH primers provided with the kit are for the human sequence. If using the kit with a different species, GAPDH primers for that species will need to be acquired.
Chromatin was prepared from HeLa cells following Abcam's X-ChIP protocol. Cells were fixed with formaldehyde for 10 minutes. ChIP was performed with ab8580 (Histone H3 tri-methyl K4) using ab117138. No antibody was added to the blank (yellow). The immunoprecipitated DNA was quantified by real time PCR (Taqman approach). Primes and probes are located in the first Kb of the transcribed region.
The analysis of enrichment of RNA polymerase II in GAPDH and MLH1 promoters by Abcam's ChIP Kit - One Step, with chromatin extract prepared from formaldehyde fixed colon cancer cells. Captured DNA was used for analyzing levels of RNA polymerase II enriched in the GAPDH and MLH1 promoters.
ab117138 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Munkley J et al. Androgen-regulated transcription of ESRP2 drives alternative splicing patterns in prostate cancer. Elife 8:N/A (2019). PubMed: 31478829
- Brayer S et al. The pro-apoptotic BAX protein influences cell growth and differentiation from the nucleus in healthy interphasic cells. Cell Cycle 16:2108-2118 (2017). PubMed: 28933587
- Lu R et al. COPS5 amplification and overexpression confers tamoxifen-resistance in ERa-positive breast cancer by degradation of NCoR. Nat Commun 7:12044 (2016). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 27375289
- Mercado-Pimentel ME et al. The S100P/RAGE signaling pathway regulates expression of microRNA-21 in colon cancer cells. FEBS Lett 589:2388-93 (2015). Functional Studies ; Rat . PubMed: 26193421
- Yao X et al. TLE1 promotes EMT in A549 lung cancer cells through suppression of E-cadherin. Biochem Biophys Res Commun 455:277-84 (2014). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 25446087
- Onyeagucha BC et al. S100P/RAGE signaling regulates microRNA-155 expression via AP-1 activation in colon cancer. Exp Cell Res 319:2081-90 (2013). ChIP ; Human . PubMed: 23693020