Key features and details
- Potent, highly selective GSK3 inhibitor
- CAS Number: 252917-06-9
- Purity: > 98%
- Soluble in DMSO to 100 mM
- Form / State: Solid
- Source: Synthetic
Product nameCHIR99021, GSK3 inhibitor
DescriptionPotent, highly selective GSK3 inhibitor
Potent, highly selective aminopyrimidine GSK3 inhibitor (IC50 values are 6.7 and 10 nM at GSK3β and GSK3α, respectively). Exhibits >500-fold selectivity for GSK3 against 20 closely related protein kinases and >800-fold selectivity for 23 additional enzymes and 22 receptors. Promotes self-renewal of mouse and human ESC due to β-catenin and c-Myc protein level stabilization. Commonly used in multiple stages of organoid generation.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at -20°C. Store under desiccating conditions. The product can be stored for up to 12 months.
Solubility overviewSoluble in DMSO to 100 mM
Wherever possible, you should prepare and use solutions on the same day. However, if you need to make up stock solutions in advance, we recommend that you store the solution as aliquots in tightly sealed vials at -20°C. Generally, these will be useable for up to one month. Before use, and prior to opening the vial we recommend that you allow your product to equilibrate to room temperature for at least 1 hour.
Toxic, refer to SDS for further information.
Need more advice on solubility, usage and handling? Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for more details.
- Pathways and Processes
- Metabolic signaling pathways
- Energy transfer pathways
- Integration of energy
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab120890 has been referenced in 7 publications.
- Saxena M et al. A Pygopus 2-Histone Interaction Is Critical for Cancer Cell Dedifferentiation and Progression in Malignant Breast Cancer. Cancer Res 80:3631-3648 (2020). PubMed: 32586983
- Elling U et al. Derivation and maintenance of mouse haploid embryonic stem cells. Nat Protoc 14:1991-2014 (2019). PubMed: 31160788
- Balmus G et al. ATM orchestrates the DNA-damage response to counter toxic non-homologous end-joining at broken replication forks. Nat Commun 10:87 (2019). PubMed: 30622252
- Jeziorowska D et al. Differential Sarcomere and Electrophysiological Maturation of Human iPSC-Derived Cardiac Myocytes in Monolayer vs. Aggregation-Based Differentiation Protocols. Int J Mol Sci 18:N/A (2017). PubMed: 28587156
- Sato H et al. Microfabric Vessels for Embryoid Body Formation and Rapid Differentiation of Pluripotent Stem Cells. Sci Rep 6:31063 (2016). PubMed: 27507707
- Fagnocchi L et al. A Myc-driven self-reinforcing regulatory network maintains mouse embryonic stem cell identity. Nat Commun 7:11903 (2016). PubMed: 27301576
- Song J & Millman JR Economic 3D-printing approach for transplantation of human stem cell-derived ß-like cells. Biofabrication 9:015002 (2016). PubMed: 27906687