Key features and details
- Rabbit polyclonal to Chitinase 3 like protein 3
- Suitable for: WB, ICC/IF
- Reacts with: Mouse
- Isotype: IgG
Product nameAnti-Chitinase 3 like protein 3 antibody
See all Chitinase 3 like protein 3 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit polyclonal to Chitinase 3 like protein 3
Tested applicationsSuitable for: WB, ICC/IFmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Mouse
Synthetic peptide corresponding to Human Chitinase 3 like protein 3 aa 350 to the C-terminus (C terminal) conjugated to keyhole limpet haemocyanin.
(Peptide available as
Reproducibility is key to advancing scientific discovery and accelerating scientists’ next breakthrough.
Abcam is leading the way with our range of recombinant antibodies, knockout-validated antibodies and knockout cell lines, all of which support improved reproducibility.
We are also planning to innovate the way in which we present recommended applications and species on our product datasheets, so that only applications & species that have been tested in our own labs, our suppliers or by selected trusted collaborators are covered by our Abpromise™ guarantee.
In preparation for this, we have started to update the applications & species that this product is Abpromise guaranteed for.
We are also updating the applications & species that this product has been “predicted to work with,” however this information is not covered by our Abpromise guarantee.
Applications & species from publications and Abreviews that have not been tested in our own labs or in those of our suppliers are not covered by the Abpromise guarantee.
Please check that this product meets your needs before purchasing. If you have any questions, special requirements or concerns, please send us an inquiry and/or contact our Support team ahead of purchase. Recommended alternatives for this product can be found below, as well as customer reviews and Q&As.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.40
Preservative: 0.02% Sodium azide
Batches of this product that have a concentration < 1mg/ml may have BSA added as a stabilising agent. If you would like information about the formulation of a specific lot, please contact our scientific support team who will be happy to help.
Concentration information loading...
PurityImmunogen affinity purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab93034 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|WB||Use a concentration of 1 µg/ml. Detects a band of approximately 44 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 44 kDa).|
|ICC/IF||Use a concentration of 10 µg/ml.|
RelevanceChitinase-3-like protein 3 (Ym1) is a lectin that binds saccharides with a free amino group, such as glucosamine or galactosamine; binding to oligomeric saccharides is much stronger. It also binds chitin and heparin. This protein has been implicated in inflammation and allergy.
- YM1 antibody
ICC/IF image of ab93034 stained RAW 246.7 cells. The cells were 4% formaldehyde fixed (10 min) and then incubated in 1%BSA / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine in 0.1% PBS-Tween for 1h to permeabilise the cells and block non-specific protein-protein interactions. The cells were then incubated with the antibody (ab93034 10µg/ml) overnight at +4°C. The secondary antibody (green) was ab96899, DyLight® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H+L) used at a 1/250 dilution for 1h. Alexa Fluor® 594 WGA was used to label plasma membranes (red) at a 1/200 dilution for 1h. DAPI was used to stain the cell nuclei (blue) at a concentration of 1.43µM.
All lanes : Anti-Chitinase 3 like protein 3 antibody (ab93034) at 1 µg/ml
Lane 1 : Mouse Bone Marrow Tissue Lysate
Lane 2 : Spleen (Mouse) Tissue Lysate
Lysates/proteins at 10 µg per lane.
All lanes : Goat Anti-Rabbit IgG H&L (HRP) preadsorbed (ab97080) at 1/5000 dilution
Developed using the ECL technique.
Performed under reducing conditions.
Predicted band size: 44 kDa
Observed band size: 44 kDa
Additional bands at: 26 kDa, 37 kDa. We are unsure as to the identity of these extra bands.
Exposure time: 30 seconds
ab93034 has been referenced in 6 publications.
- Johnston JM et al. Myeloid Tribbles 1 induces early atherosclerosis via enhanced foam cell expansion. Sci Adv 5:eaax9183 (2019). PubMed: 31692955
- Uhde AK et al. Intact interleukin-10 receptor signaling protects from hippocampal damage elicited by experimental neurotropic virus infection of SJL mice. Sci Rep 8:6106 (2018). PubMed: 29666403
- Wang X et al. Macrophage inducible nitric oxide synthase circulates inflammation and promotes lung carcinogenesis. Cell Death Discov 4:46 (2018). PubMed: 29844930
- Ge R et al. Choroid plexus-cerebrospinal fluid route for monocyte-derived macrophages after stroke. J Neuroinflammation 14:153 (2017). IHC-FoFr ; Mouse . PubMed: 28754163
- Katsuyama E et al. Interleukin-1 receptor-associated kinase-4 (IRAK4) promotes inflammatory osteolysis by activating osteoclasts and inhibiting formation of foreign body giant cells. J Biol Chem 290:716-26 (2015). WB ; Mouse . PubMed: 25404736
- Cudejko C et al. p16INK4a deficiency promotes IL-4-induced polarization and inhibits proinflammatory signaling in macrophages. Blood 118:2556-66 (2011). IHC ; Mouse . PubMed: 21636855