Key features and details
- Produced recombinantly (animal-free) for high batch-to-batch consistency and long term security of supply
- Rabbit monoclonal [EP691Y] to Chk1
- Suitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-P
- Reacts with: Human
Product nameAnti-Chk1 antibody [EP691Y]
See all Chk1 primary antibodies
DescriptionRabbit monoclonal [EP691Y] to Chk1
Tested applicationsSuitable for: ICC/IF, WB, Flow Cyt, IHC-Pmore details
Species reactivityReacts with: Human
Synthetic peptide within Human Chk1 aa 450-550 (C terminal). The exact sequence is proprietary.
- HeLa cells lysate and human breast carcinoma.
Mouse, Rat: We have preliminary internal testing data to indicate this antibody may not react with these species. Please contact us for more information.
This product is a recombinant monoclonal antibody, which offers several advantages including:
- - High batch-to-batch consistency and reproducibility
- - Improved sensitivity and specificity
- - Long-term security of supply
- - Animal-free production
Our RabMAb® technology is a patented hybridoma-based technology for making rabbit monoclonal antibodies. For details on our patents, please refer to RabMAb® patents.
We are constantly working hard to ensure we provide our customers with best in class antibodies. As a result of this work we are pleased to now offer this antibody in purified format. We are in the process of updating our datasheets. The purified format is designated 'PUR' on our product labels. If you have any questions regarding this update, please contact our Scientific Support team.
Storage instructionsShipped at 4°C. Store at +4°C short term (1-2 weeks). Upon delivery aliquot. Store at -20°C. Avoid freeze / thaw cycle.
Storage bufferpH: 7.20
Preservative: 0.01% Sodium azide
Constituents: 59% PBS, 40% Glycerol, 0.5% BSA
Concentration information loading...
PurityProtein A purified
Our Abpromise guarantee covers the use of ab40866 in the following tested applications.
The application notes include recommended starting dilutions; optimal dilutions/concentrations should be determined by the end user.
|ICC/IF||1/100 - 1/250.|
|WB||1/10000. Detects a band of approximately 54 kDa (predicted molecular weight: 54 kDa).|
ab172730 - Rabbit monoclonal IgG, is suitable for use as an isotype control with this antibody.
|IHC-P||Use at an assay dependent concentration. Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.|
- Information by UniProt
- C85740 antibody
- Cell cycle checkpoint kinase antibody
- Checkpoint , S. pombe, homolog of, 1 antibody
Anti-Chk1 antibody [EP691Y] (ab40866) at 1/10000 dilution + HeLa cell lysate at 10 µg
Predicted band size: 54 kDa
Observed band size: 54 kDa
Immunofluorescence staining of MCF7 cells with purified ab40866 at a working dilution of 1/500, counter-stained with DAPI. The secondary antibody was an Alexa Fluor® 488 conjugated goat anti-rabbit (ab150077), used at a dilution of 1/1000. The cells were fixed in 4% PFA and permeabilized using 0.1% Triton X 100. The negative control is shown in bottom right hand panel - for the negative control, PBS was used instead of the primary antibody.
Overlay histogram showing HeLa cells stained with ab40866 (red line). The cells were fixed with 80% methanol (5 min) and then permeabilized with 0.1% PBS-Tween for 20 min. The cells were then incubated in 1x PBS / 10% normal goat serum / 0.3M glycine to block non-specific protein-protein interactions followed by the antibody (ab40866, 1/1000 dilution) for 30 min at 22°C. The secondary antibody used was Alexa Fluor® 488 goat anti-rabbit IgG (H&L) (ab150077) at 1/2000 dilution for 30 min at 22°C. Isotype control antibody (black line) was rabbit IgG (monoclonal) (0.1μg/1x106 cells) used under the same conditions. Unlabelled sample (blue line) was also used as a control. Acquisition of >5,000 events were collected using a 20mW Argon ion laser (488nm) and 525/30 bandpass filter.
Immunohistochemical analysis of Chk1 expression in paraffin-embedded human breast carcinoma using ab40866 at a 1:250 dilution.
Perform heat mediated antigen retrieval with citrate buffer pH 6 before commencing with IHC staining protocol.
To our knowledge, customised protocols are not required for this product. Please try the standard protocols listed below and let us know how you get on.
ab40866 has been referenced in 14 publications.
- Gong D et al. Silencing Long Non-coding RNA LINC01224 Inhibits Hepatocellular Carcinoma Progression via MicroRNA-330-5p-Induced Inhibition of CHEK1. Mol Ther Nucleic Acids 19:482-497 (2020). PubMed: 31902747
- Michelena J et al. Basal CHK1 activity safeguards its stability to maintain intrinsic S-phase checkpoint functions. J Cell Biol 218:2865-2875 (2019). PubMed: 31366665
- Zeng Y et al. An overactive neddylation pathway serves as a therapeutic target and MLN4924 enhances the anticancer activity of cisplatin in pancreatic cancer. Oncol Lett 18:2724-2732 (2019). PubMed: 31404297
- Zuo W et al. Long non-coding RNA LINC00485 acts as a microRNA-195 sponge to regulate the chemotherapy sensitivity of lung adenocarcinoma cells to cisplatin by regulating CHEK1. Cancer Cell Int 19:240 (2019). PubMed: 31528122
- Shao G et al. lncRNA CASC9 positively regulates CHK1 to promote breast cancer cell proliferation and survival through sponging the miR-195/497 cluster. Int J Oncol 54:1665-1675 (2019). PubMed: 30816435